Thread: Can't use my wiki (template error)

Default Can't use my wiki (template error)

I've installed Zimbra NE, everything is OK, but I still have a problem with shared docs/wiki.

When I want to use it, I get a "Error: Document templates missing. Please notify administrator.)."

Following some threads of this forum, I've tried that :

Code:
    zimbra@zimbra:/usr/lib/apache2/modules$ zmprov md inteliscent.com zimbraAuthFallbackToLocal TRUE
    zimbra@zimbra:/usr/lib/apache2/modules$ zmprov mcf zimbraNotebookAccount wiki@inteliscent.com
    zimbra@zimbra:/usr/lib/apache2/modules$ zmprov in wiki@inteliscent.com mypass /opt/zimbra/wiki/Template Template
    Initializing folders
    Initializing...
    Creating wiki page _TemplateStyles in folder Template
    Creating file document Logo.gif in folder Template
    Cannot import Wiki documents from /opt/zimbra/wiki/Template
    com.zimbra.cs.service.wiki.WikiServiceException : error: import
            at com.zimbra.cs.service.wiki.WikiServiceException.ERROR(WikiServiceException.java:60)
            at com.zimbra.cs.wiki.WikiUtil$WikiSoapUtil.startImport(WikiUtil.java:411)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.doImport (ProvUtil.java:1257)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.initNotebook(ProvUtil.java:1209)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.execute(ProvUtil.java:536)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.main( ProvUtil.java:1455)
    Caused by: com.zimbra.soap.SoapFaultException: system failure: cannot create ParsedDocument
            at com.zimbra.soap.Soap12Protocol.soapFault(Soap12Protocol.java:102)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapTransport.extractBodyElement (SoapTransport.java:215)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapTransport.parseSoapResponse(SoapTransport.java:191)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(SoapHttpTransport.java:214)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapTransport.invoke (SoapTransport.java:231)
            at com.zimbra.cs.zclient.ZMailbox.invoke(ZMailbox.java:380)
            at com.zimbra.cs.zclient.ZMailbox.createDocument(ZMailbox.java:2405)
            at com.zimbra.cs.wiki.WikiUtil$WikiSoapUtil.createItem (WikiUtil.java:350)
            at com.zimbra.cs.wiki.WikiUtil$WikiSoapUtil.populateFolders(WikiUtil.java:372)
            at com.zimbra.cs.wiki.WikiUtil$WikiSoapUtil.startImport(WikiUtil.java:408)
            ... 4 more
    zimbra@zimbra:/usr/lib/apache2/modules$
    any idea ? (I use a Debian 3.1)

Regards,

Thibaud

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Welcome to the forums.

In the error above you mention a file 'Logo.gif' - find that file, delete it and try the zmprov commands again.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Cheers, it works

However, when I want to share a doc, I get a public address https://zimbra.mydomain.com/home/myuser/file/ which invoke a Apache Tomcat error 403 (permission denied: you do not have sufficient permissions).

You mention that you are a Network Edition user and you have Debian? That's a very bad combination. First, installing NE on Debian is totally unsupported (apart from the fact that there's no build for it). Second, there's a serious bug in the Debian kernel that changes permissions on files when a process terminates abnormally. Search the forums for some information on this problem.

You can try this, shutdown Zimbra then run zmfixperms command (as root) in the /opt/zimbra/libexec directory and restart Zimbra. My advice would be to dump Debian and install an operating system that would get you onto support and a reliable operating system.
    Regards

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    You can try this, shutdown Zimbra then run zmfixperms command (as root) in the /opt/zimbra/libexec directory and restart Zimbra. My advice would be to dump Debian and install an operating system that would get you onto support and a reliable operating system.
    It doesn't change anything. It is quite strange that you find a Debian not to be reliable... Moreover, my server is not dedicated and use Xen, so it's not exactly the Debian kernel.

My point is that this is not a supported configuration for Zimbra Network Edition. If your email is important to you and you want support from Zimbra for any problems/questions you may have then you will not receive it by running Zimbra in that config.

[edit]I forgot to ask if you restarted Zimbra after getting the Documents working or rebooted the server?
    Last edited by phoenix; 06-20-2007 at 08:21 AM.
    Regards

Bill