Thread: IMAP & Documents (sharing)

Question IMAP & Documents (sharing)

Hi, I still got 2 questions even the ZCS 4.5.5 is working now...

1/ IMAP issue - While using the IMAP client to send/receive mails, I found that the pre-configured distribution list (i.e. allusers@group.domainB.com) is not working but OK via webui...... does the dist. list is ONLY works via WebUI??

2/ I tried to share a "notebook" with others with manager or viewer privilege, but it always need to *ASK* others to accept or decline the offer..... Indeed, I want to make some public shared locations/folders for the memo/announcement documents, so can I just force this sharing to others without notify the users (it's OK if need to do this by using the admin a/c) ?

Many thanks~

Anyone could help? Please~

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by wcbenyip View Post
    Hi, I still got 2 questions even the ZCS 4.5.5 is working now...

1/ IMAP issue - While using the IMAP client to send/receive mails, I found that the pre-configured distribution list (i.e. allusers@group.domainB.com) is not working but OK via webui...... does the dist. list is ONLY works via WebUI??
    I don't understand what you mean by 'it doesn't work'.

2/ I tried to share a "notebook" with others with manager or viewer privilege, but it always need to *ASK* others to accept or decline the offer..... Indeed, I want to make some public shared locations/folders for the memo/announcement documents, so can I just force this sharing to others without notify the users (it's OK if need to do this by using the admin a/c) ?
    You don't need to do anything other than share it as 'Public' (that will be for view only), you see that when you edit the properties.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

1/ That means, the email could be sent out but NO ONE received it if I sending the emails to the distribution list in the imap client (i.e. Thunderbird). On the other hand, the email could be reached to the users' mailbox if I sent the email via the webUI to the same distribution list. I don't know why.....

2/ If this is the case, I have to share the notebook as 'public' if I dun want others to be asked accept or decline... but the shortcoming is this notebook is PUBLIC to everyone even they don't have zimbra a/c..... for the balance of security issue and the convenience side, can I have the option to disable the "asking" when share the notebook to others with "viewer" or even "manager" privilege??

Thanks~~

1/ That means, the email could be sent out but NO ONE received it if I sending the emails to the distribution list in the imap client (i.e. Thunderbird). On the other hand, the email could be reached to the users' mailbox if I sent the email via the webUI to the same distribution list. I don't know why.....
    When you send via the IMAP client to the dist list, can you post your /var/log/zimbra.log?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

2/ If this is the case, I have to share the notebook as 'public' if I dun want others to be asked accept or decline... but the shortcoming is this notebook is PUBLIC to everyone even they don't have zimbra a/c..... for the balance of security issue and the convenience side, can I have the option to disable the "asking" when share the notebook to others with "viewer" or even "manager" privilege??
    It's only 'public' to people that you give the url to. I don't see what's wrong with users getting an accept/decline email, if it's a problem then search bugzilla and see if there's an already filed RFE and vote, if there isn't create one and vote on it.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

jholder: The distribution list is working now on the IMAP client, probably something's wrong before... thx~

phoenix: In our case, we just want to force some shared notebook to the retail shops and it's not necessary to ask them to accept or decline~ So it would be better for administrator could forcing the users to accept the shared notebook! Besides, I have tested the public sharing, and it seems the users could ONLY view the notebook contents via the url, not in the webUI internal....... which is not a centralized solution to do so..... anyway, I will searching in the bugzilla and look for any workaround..... thx~

Default zmmailbox

Start by either sharing the folder using the zmmailbox command or by explicitly saying "do not send a message" in the "Share Folder" dialog.

Then use zmmailbox to add a link to the shared folder in each of the share-ees mailboxes.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

oh.... thanks~ It sounds good~ But where can I have a more deep reference of the usage? Even I searching in the admin guide, it just a brief description of the usage and a simple example..... does there any deep technote of the usage of all of the zm cmd?

I have shared a wiki folder as "Memo for ALL" under admin@domainB.com account and tell it Do Not send a message.... but now how should I create a wiki link for user david@domainB.com?

I tried this one but failed ---
    zmmailbox -z -v -m david@domainB.com cm -V wiki "Memo for ALL" admin@domainB.com "Memo for ALL"

Many thanks~