Thread: Help configuring Exchange MAPI

Hybrid View

Default Help configuring Exchange MAPI

Having trouble setting up Exchange to allow the Zimbra migration tool access. Guide just says "You will need to create a temporary MAPI profile for the Migration Wizard to use to conduct the migration. To create a new profile, refer to the Microsoft Office documentation." Does anyone know of a more comprehensive HOWTO?

FYI, found this thread: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/migrati...on-issues.html, but How to Allow Mailbox Access is beyond the depth we utilized Exchange.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by godzilla8nj; 07-25-2007 at 07:56 AM.

Hi Godzilla,
    Have you tried the wiki? Runing Migration Wizard - ZimbraWiki

Yeah. My problem is with step 5: "To continue and begin the import, in the MAPI Logon dialog, identify the MAPI profile you created for use with the Zimbra Migration Wizard to conduct the migration."

I tried using Administrator, but per the other post I mentioned it doesn't have the right access and I'm not sure exactly how to remedy that. FYI, we're on SBS 2003.
    Last edited by godzilla8nj; 07-25-2007 at 12:02 PM.

The profile must have receive-as and send-as permissions. By default in Win2003, the admin is denied this permission. So, create another AD user and create a mailbox. Then, go to Exchange System Manager, go to administrative groups, first administrative gorup, servers, and right-click your exchange server. Select properties. Then, select the security tab. Select add, then select the user you just created. Give that user receive-as and send-as permisison.

Then, when use that user during the zimbra exchange migration wizard.

MS has a good KB article on it:

How to configure an account to use the ExMerge utility in Exchange 2000 Server and in Exchange Server 2003

I know it's really late, but I would like to add a few tidbits.

I added my logged in domain admin with the above outlined MAPI guide, and it didn't work. I had to create a second user, and add that user to domain admin and the group that was added to the mailbox access and the other access outlined in the microsoft knowledge base article. I then had to create a secondary profile on a system with Outlook installed, and use that instead of my logged in one. However, while I added the new profile to outlook, I did not have to actually open outlook for the migration to work.

It's migrating right now, so looking good so far.