Thread: Mass-deleting emails & IMAPSync duplicates

Default Mass-deleting emails & IMAPSync duplicates

Hullo,

Firstly - is it possible to mass-delete emails in Zimbra (as want to start anew). Only way I can seems to see is to go in the user's mailbox & delete in chucnks of 25's *sighs*

Secondly - The reason for the above is that I seem to have discovered a rather irritating bug in IMAPsync, where if a email has something like "Jürgen" in the FROM field, the old email server (courier) & Zimbra disagrees that both emails are actually the same (character encoding bug?). As a result IMAPSync decides to re-transfer these emails - argh.
    I've fixed this hopefully by using "--useheader 'Message-ID' --skipsize", but these duplicates remains in the Zimbra mailbox, even with the --delete2 switch. This is kinda a problem for a certain mailbox, where I ran IMAPsync several times unwittingly.

Thoughts?

TIA!

You can always use the zmmailbox CLI tool to empty the target user's Inbox (and any other folders you may want to clear), then run imapsync again.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Quote Originally Posted by dkarp View Post
    You can always use the zmmailbox CLI tool to empty the target user's Inbox (and any other folders you may want to clear), then run imapsync again.
    I am really hoping that the new select bundle functionality will be powerful enough to do a select all in the web GUI.

Default Delete messages before a given date

Hi All,

Is it possible to delete old emails from a user's inbox in such a way that he wants to delete his emails older than Dec-1-2008.

This is because one of our user is using Thunderbird with POP3 and keeping a copy in the server. But suddenly he is getting all his thousands of his old mails. Is this a bug of Zimbra?

Thanks in advance

Premod

hi,,

i having currently also the job to delete duplicate mail's.
    currently we are running dovecot and plan to migrate to zimbra in the next weeks.

we have many folder's where duplicate mail's are located.
    like message1 is located in .sent.folder1 and .sent.folder2, so the "--useheader 'Message-ID' --skipsize" wont help. currently i am thinking about finding such mail's - done with fdupes - and delete if they are in the same folder and hardlink it, when they are in different folder's.

does there exist a way to do a "singleinstancestore" in zimbra, when the migration is done? cause it makes imho now sense to save the mail's more than one time.

greetings
    thomas

Hello everybody,

i figured out new problem, maybe before being able to migrate to zimbra.

there does exist an "role-account" this mail, get sent via postfix forwarding to three different local destination's, so each mail going to this role-account get saved 3 times on disk (and will get imported 3 times in zimbra, which should be, to "save" the folderstructure of each of the three receipients.

as dovecot deliver add's an entry in the mailheader, the three file's saved on disc are not identical, cause there is last lda-entry with the final username in the header --> fdupes does not recognize it as identical mail

does there exist a way to "consolidate" mails in the zimbra store identified by Message-ID?

greetings
    thomas