Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with a backup and restore

Default Problems with a backup and restore

Hello,

I'm trying to migrate zimbra to a different server and then upgrade it there. I successfully got the same version of zimbra (4.0.1) running on the new server and I rsync'd a full backup to that server as well. When I try to restore that backup, I get this message:

Code:
    [zimbra@hotontampa zimbra_backup]$ zmrestore -a all -t /home/michael/zimbra_backup/
    Error occurred: invalid request: Invalid backup label: full-20070720.220439.853
    [zimbra@hotontampa zimbra_backup]$
    I'm not sure what it means or what I should do to get around this. Any suggestions?

Anyone?...

what does:

zmbackupquery -t /home/michael/zimbra_backup/

give you? Are you sure you have everything rsynced correctly and permissions are set right?(I'm sure you do, but just have to ask)

Thanks for the reply. When I rsync'd, I specified to keep the permissions, but I don't think it kept them accurately because on my first attempt at the restore the backup, it gave me a permission denied error because it couldn't access a file. So I ran the command:

chmod -R a+r *

And then I got the invalid backup label error. I tried your command and got the same error. All the files belong to the user "michael". Do they have to be owned by "zimbra" for this restore? I wouldn't think so as long as the zimbra user has access to them, but I could be wrong.

[zimbra@hotontampa root]$ zmbackupquery -t /home/michael/zimbra_backup/
    Error occurred: invalid request: Invalid backup label: full-20070720.220439.853
    [zimbra@hotontampa root]$

You'll probably want zimbra to own them. Why not try it, can't hurt...right?

Well it looks like that worked, sorta. It crunched for about 20 minutes and then gave me a system error:

[zimbra@hotontampa michael]$ zmrestore -a all -t /home/michael/zimbra_backup/
    Error occurred: system failure: Error executing redoOp
    [zimbra@hotontampa michael]$

It appears to have restored all the accounts and emails, so I'm not sure what it missed because of that error. Any ideas?

My guess is redoOp has something to do with redologs not getting restored. Not too sure though. Check /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log for any restore errors, it may give a little more info.

Looks like it was a duplicate key. I did setup a test account to make sure zimbra was working before doing the restore, you think that caused it? The account that caused the error was one that only existed in the backup and was not present on the fresh copy of zimbra.

Code:
    Caused by: com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailServiceException: object with that id already exists: 258
            at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailServiceException.ALREADY_EXISTS(MailServiceException.java:286)
            at com.zimbra.cs.db.DbMailItem.create(DbMailItem.java:151)
            at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.WikiItem.create(WikiItem.java:82)
            at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.createDocument(Mailbox.java:4953)
            at com.zimbra.cs.redolog.op.SaveDocument.redo(SaveDocument.java:103)
            at com.zimbra.cs.redolog.RedoPlayer.playOp(RedoPlayer.java:312)
            ... 29 more
    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Duplicate entry '258' for key 1

Query being executed when exception was thrown:

com.mysql.jdbc.ServerPreparedStatement[1164] - INSERT INTO mailbox1.mail_item(id, type, parent_id, folder_id, index_id, imap_id, d
    ate, size, volume_id, blob_digest, unread, flags, tags, sender, subject, metadata, mod_metadata, change_date, mod_content) VALUES(
    258, 14, null, 257, 258, 258, 1186588643, 748, 1, 'Q2qBUNVSGqXtn70PgzeK5JN8vOM=', null, 0, 0, null, '_Template', 'd2:ct24:text/htm
    l; charset=utf-83:revld2:cr23:be0mguzr@hotontampa.com1:f0:2:rdi1186588643611e3:ridi5e2:rsi748e3:veri1eee1:vi9e2:ww9:_Templatee', 5
    , 1186588643, 5)
    So next time I do this, I should delete all the auto-created accounts out of zimbra before starting the restore process?

Hi Jmeek-
    Sorry you're having trouble.
    Please file a ticket with our support team so that they can login to your system and assist you.

Cheers,
    john

http://www.accountkiller.com/removal-requested

Question Resolution?

Was this bug ever filed and/or resolved? We ran into this same issue today with Zimbra NE 5.0.1. The mailbox.log file shows this:

Code:
    2008-02-21 10:26:55,191 WARN  [btpool0-4700] [name=user@domain.com;ip=66.115.223.120;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Mac);] backup - Error occurred during restore account user@domain.com (14f57872-caec-4c20-8057-2b8f681d2064)
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Error executing redoOp
    Code:service.FAILURE
            at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE(ServiceException.java:183)
            at com.zimbra.cs.redolog.RedoPlayer.playOp(RedoPlayer.java:317)
            at com.zimbra.cs.redolog.RedoPlayer.scanLog(RedoPlayer.java:131)
            at com.zimbra.cs.backup.RestoreAccountSession.playBackRedoOps(RestoreAccountSession.java:318)
            at com.zimbra.cs.backup.RestoreAccountSession.endRestore(RestoreAccountSession.java:283)
            at com.zimbra.cs.backup.FileBackupTarget$RestoreAcctSession.endRestore(FileBackupTarget.java:1995)
            at com.zimbra.cs.backup.FileBackupTarget.restore(FileBackupTarget.java:420)
            at com.zimbra.cs.backup.BackupManager.restore(BackupManager.java:716)
            at com.zimbra.cs.service.backup.Restore.handle(Restore.java:129)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEngine.java:342)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:208)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:113)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.java:272)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
            at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(ZimbraServlet.java:174)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:132)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:716)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:406)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:176)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:506)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:844)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:644)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:381)
            at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:396)
            at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
    Caused by: com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailServiceException$NoSuchItemException: no such folder id: 549
    Code:mail.NO_SUCH_FOLDER Arg:(itemId, IID, "549")
            at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailServiceException.NO_SUCH_FOLDER(MailServiceException.java:174)
            at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailItem.noSuchItem(MailItem.java:1123)
            at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.getItemById(Mailbox.java:1841)
            at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.getFolderById(Mailbox.java:2615)
            at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.addMessageInternal(Mailbox.java:3832)
            at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.addMessage(Mailbox.java:3750)
            at com.zimbra.cs.redolog.op.CreateMessage.redo(CreateMessage.java:432)
            at com.zimbra.cs.redolog.RedoPlayer.playOp(RedoPlayer.java:314)
            ... 37 more
    2008-02-21 10:26:55,192 INFO  [btpool0-4700] [name=user@domain.com;ip=66.115.223.120;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Mac);] io - AsyncFileCopier is shut down
    2008-02-21 10:26:55,339 INFO  [btpool0-4700] [name=user@domain.com;ip=66.115.223.120;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Mac);] SoapEngine - handler exception
    This is a screenshot of the error in the admin console:
    Last edited by Roturgo; 02-21-2008 at 08:56 AM.