Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Migration from Groupwise 6

Default Migration from Groupwise 6

I'm testing Zimbra 5.0 right now. We have Groupwise 6 running
    on Netware 6.

In the Migration Wizard I get to the point where I enter LDAP Information and Click "Next".

Then I see the message attached below. Novell Client is installed and I'm logged in as admin.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome to the forums,

If the gwtapp.dll is not in the path you see an error like you just got (or my attached pic).

The groupwise migration wizard runs as a trusted application which requires access to gwtapp.dll. You must ensure gwtapp.dll is on the machine and in your path (%SYSTEMROOT%\System32 is reccommended). Then restart the wizard to pickup the changes.

In short: The gwtapp.dll must be in either the current working directory or in the System32 directory.
    If you need the file itself: Formativ Download - GroupWise Trusted*Application DLL

You mention that you have the novell client running as admin, but do you also have the groupwise client on that machine?
    The wizard utilizes the Novell Client and GroupWise Client libraries and must be run from a windows machine that has the Novell Client and GroupWise Client 6.5 or later installed.
    You mention groupwise 6...I don't know how firm "6.5" is. Could you post your full version string for both the groupwise client & the novell client for any zimbra employees that might come along?

Current directions: /docs/ne/latest/migration_wizard_for_groupwise_installation_guide/
    Last edited by mmorse; 04-14-2008 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    Welcome to the forums,

If the gwtapp.dll is not in the path you see an error like you just got (or my attached pic).
    Thanks. I downloaded it and put it in the system path. Now I get the error
    "CONNECTION ERROR. Invalid path to domain directory"

You mention that you have the novell client running as admin, but do you also have the groupwise client on that machine?
    You mention groupwise 6...I don't know how firm "6.5" is. Could you post your full version string for both the groupwise client & the novell client for any zimbra employees that might come along?
    Groupwise Client is running on that machine as well.

Groupwise 6.0.4 (Client)
    Novell Client 4.90 SP2

It would be a pity if Migration from GW 6.0.4 would not be supported. I don't know how big the technologically differences are between 6.0 and 6.5, but I thought - since it is the same major release number - that a migration from GW 6.0 would be possible.

The domain blank also helps to make the wizard a trusted application.
    "CONNECTION ERROR. Invalid path to domain directory"
    That would lead me to believe E:\TIWW-DO might be tiww\do instead?
    are you o=TIWW OR ou=TIWW & o=something else?

You a NE customer? (you also get free support for the life of the 60day trial)
    File a ticket in your support portal or email support@zimbra.com

/support/support_overview.html
    Last edited by mmorse; 09-25-2007 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    That would lead me to believe E:\TIWW-DO might be tiww\do instead?
    are you o=TIWW OR ou=TIWW & o=something else?
    Believe me, E:\TIWW-DO is correct

You a NE customer?
    No, Open Source. I'm just searching for a replacement for our antiquated Groupwise 6.

But it seems that migration is possible from Groupwise 6.5 upwards only. With an Testserver with GW 7 the migration works ... for the most part. Contacts weren't migrated and the shared folders from Groupwise were migrated as normal folders with no messages in it.

I wasn't sure if that as a hard requirement or only tested on 6.5+... your contacts should have worked, though I can see where shared folders might not.

If your not too far into an actual transition (sound's like your just searching for options) you could download the NE trial, contact support and find out. Not exactly the intended use, but who knows, you might also find a feature in NE that you just can't live without; my justification/rationalization for suggesting it to you - for any sales guys who see might this
    Last edited by mmorse; 09-25-2007 at 09:47 AM.

Default Groupwise 6.0 to Zimbra Migration?

We're close to rowing the exact same boat. We're evaluating GW 6.0 to Zimbra and stumbled on this thread.

Has there been success migrating? I would love to hear how things are going, and would be interested in private correspondence if there has been.

I think there are probably others in the same predicament though. They and I would greatly appreciate an update from anyone trying to accomplish the same.

Cheerios.

Default Groupwise local (archived) emails

Can anyone let me know how to import Groupwise local archived mail (sysnonoumous to Outlook pst files) into ZCS? The Groupwise migration wizard doesn't seem to include support for importing local Groupwise emails.

The migration tool does not take care of this. We purchased/used a product called Advansys ArchiveToGo... will read an account and bring in any (multiple) archives associated with that account, puts it in a new format (includes a standalone Viewer), indexes the mail... not bad, really. Downside - without GroupWise, you can't send from this applications, but it recreates the GW format, is searchable, keeps attachments, etc. Again, more for an off-line perusal/retrieve, with a separate applications, and not integrated with Zimbra....

Default we migrated from GW 6.5

and for the most part it (migration wizard) did ok. There are some issues, to be sure... some others on this forum did not think the migration wizard was worth it, and used imapsync. We were pretty small, and it went ok. We did have the migration wizard bomb on attachments greater than 10 meg, and if it ran into enough problems, it would bomb out - so when you restarted the wizard on the same account, you could very likely end up with duplicates (email, calendar, contacts). So you want the account to be as clean as possible.

I did have to mess around with LDAP for a bit to get to the account selection, etc. but sounds like you are already past that.

As for supporting GW6 for migration, have no idea. We did not use a mapped drive for the domain/po, but rather UNC. Also there was some question as to the format of the xml file... I used the below...

___

<PostofficeIpPortInfo>
    <postoffice name="cn=MY_PO,ou=GRPWISE,o=MYCO" ip="192.168.5.2" port="1677"/>
    </PostofficeIpPortInfo>