Thread: Groupwise 6.5.6 to Zimbra 4.5.7

Default Groupwise 6.5.6 to Zimbra 4.5.7

I am trying the migration tool, and have hit a snag. I have gotten to the point of the object picker. I select to pick a selected user, and when asked "email starts with", and I place an *, I get "Unable to connect to LDAP address. Now, I am watching my GWIA console and I see the hits from the ZMT.

I have verifed that LDAP is working but using Groupwise Addres book, and configuring the directory, and performing a search, with the correct results coming back. I have also tried configuring an LDAP search base container in the GWIA object, and restarted the GWIA. It works however I config it, but the ZMT issues the same results each time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Whats the version of GroupWise Migration Wizard you are using?
    Is LDAP over SSL enabled on server? If yes, try disabling it and rerun the wizard.
    Bug 17906 - Allow LDAP search over SSL was logged to allow LDAP search over SSL.

-Uday

I am using the 4.5.8 wizard that was sent to me by Sean. No, groupwsie is not setup for ldap over SSL. Also, I do not have groupwise configured to require authentication. Your wizard requires a username and password to move forward. How does it handle a system that doesn't require authentication?

Default Can't use GWIA LDAP for this

Pretty sure you cannot use the GW LDAP (built-in to GWIA) for this, as several LDAP fields are needed that the GWIA implementation does not expose (nor can that be changed). I used (successfully, with some help from Zimbra support) the NLDAP (part of NetWare 5.1) to expose that which is needed to get this to work. I used one of the free LDAP browsers (java-based ldapbrowser) to peruse our NDS to be sure the right LDAP fields were exposed (uid, OU, and 1-2 others I think).