Thread: Zimbra with Exchange

Default Zimbra with Exchange

Hi guys, i want to do this, i have a server with Exchange and i want to try zimbra to see if it's better the thing is that i want to use like 15 acounts from exchange in my new zimbra server (of course i'll inactivate them on exchange while i'm doing the test) so i have to create them on zimbra my question is, how can i do this using the same domain name and also i have my dns server on my office, anyone has done something like it?

Sorry guys i forgot, i want to try this with zimbra 4.5 on a red hat 4 server, of course exchange is running on windows 2003 server, thanks

If you want to just test migrations w/ the exchange migration wizard & generally see what the users think, I would just create a 2nd/sub domain and fork/forward all the exchange mail to the zimbra server so they have some mail to play with.

If you don't plan on doing the migration changeover in one day/all at once, you would use a Split Domain - Zimbra :: Wiki
    ie: Some users are still on exchange and some would be on the new zimbra box.

Thanks a lot i'll be checking the wiki, but now i'm trying with fordwarding and it just work fine

Default Exchange Migration tool availability?

I am in the middle of a similar project. Is the Exhange Migration tool available in Zimbra 5.0 Open Source Edition. Or is it only in the Network/Professional Editions?

TIA.

Oisin

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by oglynn View Post
    I am in the middle of a similar project. Is the Exhange Migration tool available in Zimbra 5.0 Open Source Edition. Or is it only in the Network/Professional?
    It's available with the OSS version as well as NE, check the documentation here. You should be able to get it from the Downloads page in the Admin UI.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default The download is missing

hopefully the atatched image is available showing the missing download. Not sure where to look or what to do to get access to the tool.

Can/Should the tool be made available as a standalone download from the main downloads page?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by oglynn; 11-07-2007 at 02:53 PM. Reason: added question on downloading standalone