Ok just tried using an XP computer on a user that I put firstlast.branch.tree in as the Description. This shows in the DN in LDAPBrowser but I am still getting
at the start and no mail actually migrated :(
16-11-2007 19:07:19 : ldap_result returned no LDAP_RES_SEARCH_ENTRY. Success, 101
16-11-2007 19:07:19 : ldap_result returned no LDAP_RES_SEARCH_ENTRY. Parameter Error, -1
Just tried to output one of the users and I saw something interesting...in the export it shows two DN fields. Which reminded me that DN stands for Distinguished Name and that is why you had to put "gnyce.MIS.ORGANIZATION" in for the description in c1 and then export that as the DN because I bet just like me you didn't see the DN in the LDAP browser and assumed it wasn't there. Here is the dump:
I am going to remove the doubled (and incorrect in this case) DN and try again from the XP computer.
dn: cn=FirstLast, o=Company
ACL: 2#subtree#cn=FirstLast,o=Company#[All Attributes Rights]
For comparison sake
Here is my entry via ldapbrowser, minus some superfluous info snipped out. I was one of the ones migrated, so what is shown at least worked for me.
fullName First Last
Could you post the contents of an LDIF export of your entry? When just viewing the entry in LDAPBrowser I get a similar view as what you posted however following your advice of adding the DN attribute I see TWO DN attributes on a LDIF export which I would guess isn't exactly what I want...
The only thing I can see that could do it is that when attempting the dn replacement I think I formatted it wrong so I will try that again with the correct reformat.
EDIT: Still no luck with the duplicate DN modified to the correct format.
I decided to try out using imapsync and it appears to be a viable solution for my situation as I only have ~50 users to migrate so I can change the password for each to a known value. It would be nice if this tool was working so that I could get things like the contacts and calender migrated over but it looks like this will have to do. In case anybody is interested the command I will be using is:
imapsync --sep1 / --subscribe --syncinternaldates --skipheader '^Content-Type' --host1 gwemail.domain.com --user1 gwuserid --password1 gwpassword --host2 zimbra.domain.com --user2 firstname.lastname@example.org --password2 zimbrapassword
via PM. Sorry to hear you were not able to get this work... not sure what is missing/not right in this situation.
In case anybody is interested I found an easy way to import the contacts of users from GroupWise 6.5 to Zimbra. In GroupWise you have the ability to export a users contacts as either .NAB, .vCard, or "all". If you chose the last option and name the file .csv (or the first and rename the file extension to .csv) you will find a semi usable file. To get a fully importable file into Zimbra I created the attached template .csv file. To use this template take the top row of the users .csv file and replace it with the second row from the attached .xls file. Then the last two cells in the top row of the attached file need to be copied to the last two cells of every row in the users .csv file. Once this is done then the resulting .csv file will import into Zimbra with every bit of transferable information that I could find between the two systems. PM me if you have any questions about this.