Thread: Appointments marked private in Zimbra 5

Default Appointments marked private in Zimbra 5

I'm testing a Zimbra 5 migration (from GroupWise, no less), and I have a question: Zimbra 5 supports marking an appointment private, and I think maybe the Migration Wizard does preserve this setting. However, I can't tell because I see no visual difference in private items!

So the question is simple: When looking at a calendar page, how can you tell which items are marked private? I searched the online help but did not find this answer.

(BTW, GroupWise supports marking anything private: appointments, tasks, reminder notes, mail you're sending, received mail, etc. I'll be testing to see if Zimbra 5 does too, but from the documentation I doubt it.) Sande

Welcome to the forums,
    I've attached attached pic of how a private event shows up in the ajax web-client. (private-publicAppts.png)

If private events are failing to migrate with the GWtool please use your support portal to discuss it with zimbra support.
    (I believe Rich Graves is also from your organization and may be able to provide assistance in contacting your rep.)

Just to orient you a bit RFE's (requests for enhancements) can be filed in Bugzilla & tracked in PMweb.
    A good doc on this process is: Open Source Product Management: How do features get into Zimbra?

Once again welcome to the Zimbra Forums!
    Last edited by mmorse; 04-14-2008 at 09:19 PM.

In the 5.0.1 beta I have access to, there's no lock icon. I'll check again next week, when I have access to the production release of 5.0.1.

Yes, I know Rich Graves is our support here, but he's an awfully narrow channel through which to route my ignorance! I hope I may continue to ask routine questions here. Sande

Of course you can!

BTW: You'll be able to see the version info if in the main search bar of the advanced (ajax) web-client if you enter:
    Code:
    $set:get version
    Or if you have access via command line:
    Code:
    su - zimbra
    zmcontrol -v

Sande is *my* support, wrt GW migration and Outlook [ick] deployment. :-)

The lock icon is present in the Standard HTML client, but not the AJAX client.

Default Beach skin, no theme customizations [yet].

Sande and I are both looking at a staging server running 5.0.1_GA_1902.RHEL4_64_20080109172906 RHEL4_64 NETWORK. System was upgraded from 4.5.10 to 5.0.0 last week and to 5.0.1 this morning.

I see the same thing on a 5.0.1_GA_1902.RHEL5_64_20080109190819 test system that was originally installed as 5RC2.

I do *not* see the problem on www.zimbra.com/demo... which based on the absence of a ?fmt=freebusy handler is still running 5.0.0. Looks like a bug introduced in 5.0.1.