Thread: Exchange and Domino

Default Exchange and Domino

My company currently has several active directory forests with no relationship to each other. Some of these sites are running Exchange and the largest is running Domino. Discussions are now happening on how to migrate everyone to Exchange.

Due to the fact we are still under multiple forests and don't have a healthy active directory I think it's worth pushing Zimbra as deploying Exchange could be very costly and take years to deploy based on our current situation.

I would like to understand the necessary hardware requirements for a full enterprise Zimbra solution. It's my understanding Zimbra can support all AD forests and multiple domains within one server.

Welcome to the forums,
    For people to chime in with hardware recommendations you may want to give stats on your number of users (& how many active simultaneously), daily email volume (amount, average message sizes), storage quota sizes you plan on, etc.

Number of users - 6500 (3500 Simultaneously - just a guess)

Unsure of daily volume as we have 4-5 different email systems today. I am also not the messaging person. I am just a fan of saving money and would love the opportunity to present a business case for a much easier and robust solution over Exchange.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rcload View Post
    Number of users - 6500 (3500 Simultaneously - just a guess)

Unsure of daily volume as we have 4-5 different email systems today. I am also not the messaging person. I am just a fan of saving money and would love the opportunity to present a business case for a much easier and robust solution over Exchange.
    Your best option for sizing/implementing this type of requirement is to contact the sales team at sales@zimbra.com - they can help you with the details.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.