Thread: Account Permissions

Default Account Permissions

Hey,

I tried searching for this but didn't have any luck. I apologize if it has already been discussed. Please forward me to the right thread if so!

I have an OS X mail server running and am working on migrating to Zimbra. We have both machines authenticating via Active Directory. We don't know any user's passwords. This isn't a problem on the OS X side because we configured a user that can read everyone's mail.

I use imapsync to move mail from one server to the other. I can specify the user to authenticate with on both sides. On the OS X side, specifying the user that can read all mailboxes works. On the Zimbra side, if I specify the admin user created at install, it does not.

How can I create a user on the Zimbra side that can read everyone's mail?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dkarp
    Zimbra does support AUTH=PLAIN. You should be able to authenticate as a target user using only an admin username/password and the target username -- no user passwords are referenced in this case.
    So you'd have like:
    Quote Originally Posted by mmorse
    imapsync --host1 source.server.com --user1 username --authuser1 adminusername --password1 adminpassword --ssl1 --port1 993 --host2 destination.server.com --user2 username --password2 password --authmech2 PLAIN --ssl2 --port2 993 --syncinternaldates --subscribe --nosyncacls

or

imapsync --syncinternaldates --subscribed --host1 sourceserver --host2 destinationserver --user1 userAcctSrc --authuser1 adminUserSrc --password1 adminPassDest --user2 useracctondest --authuser2 adminUserDest --password2 adminPassDest --ssl1 --port1 num --ssl2 --port2

If not already zimbraImapSSLServerEnabled should be set TRUE because AUTH=PLAIN requires TLS encoding, so an IMAPs or STARTTLS command on a normal IMAP connection.