We would like to upgrade our ZCS, with eventual goal to go to 5.0.2. Here's our current config:
- CentOS 4.5
- ZCS 4.5.3 (NE)
- 109 of 125 boxes used, about a 120GB store
The new box has CentOS 4.6 on it, and the rest is a 'clean slate.'
Here's my current migration plan:
1. Pull backup files off live server to new server, install Zimbra 4.5.3, and restore from backup.
2. Upgrade ZCS 4.5.3 to 5.0.2
3. Upgrade CentOS 4.6 to 5.0
4. Upgrade to 64-bit CentOS
Steps 3 and 4 are kind of icing on the cake, and I have links to documentation on the 64-bit migration.
I'm stuck at step 1 now, as we have months worth of full and incremental backups (we're just using the default cron schedule), and I tried to copy over just the files related to the last backup:
- desired full backup from date 20080315
- 2 incremental backups since that date
- redologs since that date (and redo.log file)
- acct_name_id.dat and acct_session.dat
- ldap directory
- files in /opt/zimbra/backup/tmp/restore
( here are actual files transferred:
- /opt/zimbra/backup/sessions/full-20080315.080007.922 | incr-20080317.080010.574 | incr-20080318.080011.797
- /opt/zimbra/backup/acct_name_id.dat | acct_session.dat
- /opt/zimbra/backup/ldap/full-20070804.080017.776 | full-20080223.090008.735 | full-20080307.090002.792 | full-20080216.090003.467 | full-20080301.090002.569 | full-20080315.080007.922
- /opt/zimbra/redolog/redo.log | archive/* )
which I hope are the (only) files needed.
First snafu I ran into, was that we wanted these two mail servers up concurrently if possible, so I named the new server something different (ie., 'mail2.my.domain'). However, I found this doc: Network Edition Disaster Recovery - Zimbra :: Wiki
and learned that the hostname and domain have to be the same as the host from which the backup was taken. So I shut down eth0 on the new host, renamed it the same as original ('mail.my.domain') and now the restore progressed a bit further, but is now stuck here:
$ zmrestore -lb full-20080315.080007.922 -a all
 INFO: I/O exception (org.apache.commons.httpclient.NoHttpResponseExcep tion) caught when processing
request: The server localhost failed to respond
 INFO: Retrying request
Error occurred: Connection refused
Any ideas? Thanks!