Thread: PST Import Wizard question

Default PST Import Wizard question

Hello everyone

I'm presently in the process of migrating a school's email system over to Zimbra with AD authentication. The current system is Courier IMAP/POP with majority of users accessing via SquirrelMail but with a handful of users accessing via POP in Outlook.

The MBOX mailbox migration script is fine and works perfectly; however I've noticed that the PST Import Wizard requires the username and password of the destination mailbox. It would be an inconvenience to our Outlook users for me to request or reset their domain passwords just so I can do this.

My question is... is there some way I can run the PST Import Wizard as admin but select an arbitrary destination mailbox? If not...

Other thought: temporarily disable AD authentication in Zimbra, set passwords for the Outlook user mailboxes manually so I could import their mail using the PST wizard, and then switch back to AD authentication - would this work? (We've scheduled a whole week for email downtime so access during the migration process is not an issue)

Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can provide

Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    My question is... is there some way I can run the PST Import Wizard as admin but select an arbitrary destination mailbox? If not...
    You can import mails to a special account you'll rename later, it works (I've done it).

Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    Other thought: temporarily disable AD authentication in Zimbra, set passwords for the Outlook user mailboxes manually so I could import their mail using the PST wizard, and then switch back to AD authentication - would this work? (We've scheduled a whole week for email downtime so access during the migration process is not an issue)
    It works too, yes.

I'm quite sure I've read several people did that to simplify their migration (their aim, like yours, was to migrate accounts without knowing their password nor resetting/changing them).

Excellent news Klug, thank you very much for the confirmation - most helpful
    Last edited by webman; 04-10-2008 at 06:58 AM.