Thread: [SOLVED] moving just the data

Default [SOLVED] moving just the data

Is it possible to move just the email and user accounts to a new zimbra server? I have a zimbra server that was working fine. I needed to be able to run a webserver along side of the ZCS server. I installed Drupal on the ZCS box and at some point I managed to break my ZCS install. I have tried to reinstall ZCS, but it did not fix the problem. i have been troubleshooting this for a day now and can not continue to have my email down. I want to rebuild the ZCS box, but I want to bring over just the data not the apps and settings. Is this possible if so can anyone point me to the steps involved.

I am using ZCS Community Edition version 5.0.2. on debian etch 4.0

FYI the problem I am having has to do with the Mailbox service unable to connect to the mysql server.

In the the mailbox.log file the following error is displayed:

2008-05-02 07:48:23,875 INFO [main] [] soap - Servlet SoapServlet starting up
    2008-05-02 07:48:23,936 INFO [main] [] soap - Adding service AccountService to SoapServlet
    2008-05-02 07:48:24,632 INFO [main] [] soap - Adding service MailService to SoapServlet
    2008-05-02 07:48:24,857 INFO [main] [] soap - Adding service IMService to SoapServlet
    2008-05-02 07:48:24,873 INFO [main] [] misc - version=5.0.2_GA_1975.DEBIAN4.0 release=20080130234700 builddate=20080130-2350 buildhost=build-debian-etch
    2008-05-02 07:48:24,876 INFO [main] [] misc - LANG environment is set to: C
    2008-05-02 07:48:24,936 INFO [main] [] system - Setting mysql connector property: maxActive=100
    2008-05-02 07:48:24,937 INFO [main] [] system - Setting mysql connector property: maxActive=100
    2008-05-02 07:48:29,255 FATAL [main] [] system - Config initialization failed
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: getting database connection
    Code:service.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:183)
    at com.zimbra.cs.db.DbPool.getConnection(DbPool.java: 231)
    at com.zimbra.cs.util.Config.init(Config.java:62)
    at com.zimbra.cs.util.Config.initConfig(Config.java:8 9)
    at com.zimbra.cs.util.Config.getString(Config.java:10 1)
    at com.zimbra.cs.db.Versions.checkDBVersion(Versions. java:77)
    at com.zimbra.cs.db.Versions.checkVersions(Versions.j ava:73)
    at com.zimbra.cs.util.Zimbra.startup(Zimbra.java:88)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.init(SoapServlet.java: 114)
    at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.j ava:241)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.initServle t(ServletHolder.java:433)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.doStart(Se rvletHolder.java:256)
    at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(Abst ractLifeCycle.java:40)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initializ e(ServletHandler.java:612)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Con text.java:139)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContex t(WebAppContext.java:1222)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(C ontextHandler.java:501)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(Web AppContext.java:449)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStar t(HandlerCollection.java:147)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .doStart(ContextHandlerCollection.java:161)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStar t(HandlerCollection.java:147)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(H andlerWrapper.java:117)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(H andlerWrapper.java:117)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:217)
    at org.mortbay.setuid.SetUIDServer.doStart(SetUIDServ er.java:100)
    at org.mortbay.xml.XmlConfiguration.main(XmlConfigura tion.java:979)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at org.mortbay.start.Main.invokeMain(Main.java:183)
    at org.mortbay.start.Main.start(Main.java:497)
    at org.mortbay.start.Main.main(Main.java:115)
    Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLNonTransientConnect ionException: Server connection failure during transaction. Due to underlying exception: 'java.net.SocketException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused'.

Thanks!

Did you install Drupal via apt? You'll want to make sure that it didn't install mysql along with it. Zimbra uses its own mysql, and running another one on the box will interfere, especially if you have them running on default ports. It's likely that if you have another mysql running, that Zimbra's can't start.

i dont this think installing your own mysql on the server conflicts with zimbra mysql. We are running our own mysql for sqlgrey independed of zimbra on default ports.

Raj
    i2k2 Networks
    Dedicated & Shared Zimbra Hosting Provider

I am using the Zimbra mysql server. I am sure is only 1 mysql server running on the box. Even if I would have installed mysql, zimbra uses non-standard ports for the mysql and the socket is in a non standard location so i am sure there is no conflict.
    Thanks for replying to my post though. I have rebuilt the server from scratch reinstalled debian and Zimbra and the system is back online. The only pain is I lost all my email. I am planning on trying the Drupal install again will document the steps.

Thanks Again!
    The Gooch

You wouldn't have happened to make a backup or your /opt/zimbra (& any other linked directories) by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    You wouldn't have happened to make a backup or your /opt/zimbra (& any other linked directories) by chance?
    Unfortuantely it is to late the data is gone and I have succeeded in re-installing Zimbra with Drupal using the same mysql database server and new instance of Apache with the Drupal framework. I am not sure what I changed on the previous install but everything works fine. This server is my home mailserver so I a not really worried about the lost it is more of a pain in the a**.

Thanks for replying though!