Thread: Zimbra & ISP - how to pop3/smtp connector

Default Zimbra & ISP - how to pop3/smtp connector

Hello Team!!
    after several searches i finally found this great product very easy to install and manage. thanks for your work!
    i'm coming from a MS "old school" based on Exchange 5.5/2003 architecture and i do not have a good expirence in Linux.
    i would like use Zimbra in a small company (5 users) and provide them calendar options for better collaboration in the teaming work...Exchange is too expensive!!!

I installed Zimbra 5.0.5 on a linux ubuntu 7.10, it works great but i have some problems to design the last step of my little project:

-1. i'd like leave the mailboxes in the ISP and use a pop3 connector to delivery messages internally using authentication. i created a local domain space called "meklab.local"

-2. the outbound message flow to external domains would happen via smtp smart host (ISP) which use also smpt authentication.

have you any suggestions? how can i do that? any white papers or guidelines?
    Thanks in advance!
    Andrea.

Welcome to the forums

Have a read of Outgoing SMTP Authentication - Zimbra :: Wiki as that should get you going. Also, why not just create a External Account for your POP3 mail. This can be created under Preferences -> Accounts in the web client.