Thread: Attempt to migrate OpenExchange to Zimbra. Need helps.

Hybrid View

Default Attempt to migrate OpenExchange to Zimbra. Need helps.

Dear, all. I currently have OpenExchange in production but I would like to migrate my users over to Zimbra or set up Zimbra 5.1 as a secondary/backup/failover mail server.

I only care about users' accounts and password and have not found a way to create users from slapcat ldif file (got from OpenExchange's ldap server) on Zimbra 5.1. The problem is that I do not have users' passwords in plain text and I only have their passwords in SSHA hash forms. I do not think ldap command lines provides anything except ldapmodify that I could use for my purpose (???).

I tried to access ldap server from the command lines but

ldapmodify -x -w UQjvJ92HvQ -D 'uid=zimbra,cn=admins,cn=zimbra' -f zimbra.test.ldif

ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

My first question is: how do we access the ldap server from the command lines?
    My second question is: Are there any better ways to migrate my users's accounts and passwords to Zimbra's ldap server?
    My third question is: How I am going to sync imap boxes to Zimbra if I only have SSHA forms of users' passwords?

Please share your thoughts, ideas, experiences on these issues. I am also sorry if somebody already posted similar questions.

Thank you.
    Last edited by midair77; 05-19-2008 at 05:13 PM.