Thread: Receive incoming mail to Zimbra and Sendmail servers?

Hybrid View

Default Receive incoming mail to Zimbra and Sendmail servers?

Currently evaluating Zimbra and we'd like to have all incoming mail delivered to both the current sendmail server as well as the Zimbra test server. What's the best way to go about doing this?

I had to have the same thing working so on our setup I had Zimbra setup on a different domain (i.e. main company e-mail is company.com, zimbra domain is companyltd.com). Everything comes through a separate gateway server which filters everything then forwards to the specified server.

So in the case of company.com I have a .forward file for each person's account which will receive e-mail for person@company.com but at the same time forward to person@companyltd.com

Obviously this setup assumes you're running postfix on your sendmail server. If there's another way to achieve the same result I don't know.

I know in Zimbra you can set up forwards for each account that the user can't see but again I'm using this with 2 domains.

If you want all e-mail to be delivered to 2 different servers at the same time for the same domain, I'm not sure if that can be done, I know I looked into that option when I began testing and couldn't find a way to do it.