Thread: [SOLVED] Migration issues from Google Apps

Default [SOLVED] Migration issues from Google Apps

I am a google apps subscriber who is trying to migrate to zimbra. I had originally been on an exchange server which had a relatively extensive folder/subfolder structure in which I filed email (good 250-300 folders/sub-folders). Having transitioned to google apps, hundreds of tags were created that represent the folder locations from exchange (ie. Baseball/Teams/Mets). After a few weeks of use, it is evident strictly using tags does not work for me, and as such the move to a zimbra host. The difficulty at this point is how to import/recreate the folder structure in Zimbra I had back on exchange? It seems that I have complicated things by first migrating to google apps and now going to Zimbra. ZImbra does not seem to interpret the google labels as their imap folder equivalents that I see in my desktop client (thunderbird). I've been told that imap sync does not support "bad" characters like "/" or spaces, etc. Am I in trouble, is there no easy solution? The support team I've been working with at the provider is very helpful, but has not come up with a solution at this point, so I thought I'd go back to the source. Any help would be most appreciated. I cut over to google apps three weeks ago, and I cringe to see new email stacking up in my inbox each day I can't migrate fully to Zimbra.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Default one question

Hello golfermanpete, What is better? Zimbra or Goolgle apps ?. Please, their thought.

thanks.

Welcome to the forums,

12:34, 18th Jun 2008 golfermanpete Thread title (original 'Migration issues from Google Apps') changed

Sounds like he figured out how to get whatever imapsync solution being used at the provider to work - or just imported it with Zimbra's external account aggregation then disconnected the account & moved folders under his ZCS account:

I'm sure sales [at] zimbra.com can provide you with plenty of Zimbra vs Google comparisons if you'd like Or there's always an archived webinar on it: http://www.zimbra.com/about/webinars.html