Thread: AD and Zimbra Accounts

Default AD and Zimbra Accounts

Hello Everyone,

Zimbra has been integrated with AD. AD user accounts that match zimbra accounts are able to login, but accounts that are not matched cannot login to zimbra.

We are trying to enforce that email addresses be john.doe@foo.bar, not jdoe@foo.bar. Many AD accounts are still jdoe, but the zimbra accounts are only john.doe; is there a way to link the AD jdoe account with the Zimbra john.doe account? Thanks.

p

Quote Originally Posted by peter76 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Zimbra has been integrated with AD. AD user accounts that match zimbra accounts are able to login, but accounts that are not matched cannot login to zimbra.

We are trying to enforce that email addresses be john.doe@foo.bar, not jdoe@foo.bar. Many AD accounts are still jdoe, but the zimbra accounts are only john.doe; is there a way to link the AD jdoe account with the Zimbra john.doe account? Thanks.

p
    Hi

Can you be bit more specific about the type of AD integration you did with Zimbra and how you did it? This would help us resolve your problem better!
    Thanks,
    Arindam

To integrate AD, I configured my zimbra domain for authentication to use AD. This worked perfectly, but only when the nt user id was equal to the zimbra user id. Users where the user ids weren't equal, did not work.

I would like to make it so that the nt ids do not have to be equal to the zimbra ids to login to their zimbra email.

I hope this is specific enough.

Create all old style users as jdoe@domain.com, then create a either a canonical address (so they always appear that way in the 'From:') and/or an alias with john.doe@domain.com
    (Or do it the opposite way if you want the base to always be first.last@domain.com > alias flast@domain.com.)