Thread: Cyrus Shared Folder Migration

Hybrid View

Default Cyrus Shared Folder Migration

Hi,

Anybody have any advice on migrating SHARED FOLDERS from cyrus. The folders in CYRUS are all under "user.". In my account I have folders like user.jobs etc... which are the same folders as other users have. When they get migrated to zimbra they become duplicated.

Thanks!

Can you elaborate what you're doing? Are you using imapsync? Have you looked at the prefix option as was all the regexp option?

Hi,

Sorry for the ambiguity!

I am using imapsync with the script below which reads from the list users from a text file (LDAP dump)

Code:
    cat /root/users.txt | while read line; do
    imapsync --authmech1 PLAIN --authuser1 adminuser1 --password1 secret1 --ssl1 --ssl2 authmech2 PLAIN --authuser2 adminuser2 --password secret2
    --user1 "${line}" --user2 "${line}" --host1 oldserver  --host2 localhost --port1 992 --subscribe --syncinternaldates --buffers$
    done
    It works great for everything including the sent folders etc but I'm not sure how to get around the fact the in reality folders in cyrus are as such.

user.thesubmitter.inbox
    user.thesubmitter.trash
    etc....

what happens is if for example I have a shared folder in cyrus that I have access to called user.jobs with many other users it gets migrated into zimbra as a folder under my own account and then again as a unique folder under each other user's account who have access. I have used the prefix option for INBOX. but I'm not sure how that would help here as the key is to get the folders to be moved so they are on the same level as the user's inbox so even as imapsync goes through each user's folders it will keep finding the shared folder and only need to transfer it once.

Thanks In Advance

I'm still not quite sure I understand but it might just be late. But could you not just use the --exclude option for imapsync to make it not sync that folder?

I do want to sync these folders but they need to be synced and shared again as they were in the original cyrus setup

Quote Originally Posted by thesubmitter View Post
    I do want to sync these folders but they need to be synced and shared again as they were in the original cyrus setup
    You probably need to use proxy account to migrate these shared folders using imapsync --folder option. You will have to script around it so that each shared Cyrus folder gets migrated to its own account on Zimbra. Then you will need to make these shared folders available to other users's accounts with proper permission.

When migrate other users account, you will want to exclude these folders. When way is to remove them from the users' subscription file (user.sub), or use --exclude optoin in imapsync.

If your shared folders are just "announcement" only, you are lucky. We still have not figure out how to make "shared group" account work in Zimbra. These accounts like real accounts - they need their filter rules, identities, and multiple users would like to authenticate to the account using their own authentication credential. We have submitted a feature request.

Hi,

I eventually figured this out, I did something similar to what you suggested.

1. I created users in cyrus for all the "shared folders accounts"
    2. I imapsynced with the exclude "user." option which made each shared account its own account and didn't include the shared folders in each normal users folder list.
    3. Then I used the zmmailbox command to assign permissions, share and mount those (instructions are in the zimbra wiki) shared folders to the appropriate users.

It is actually 100% parallel to my cyrus setup now including having an efficient commandline permissions control system.

Thanks!