I am looking at possibly implementing Zimbra for my small home-office network. and I am hoping/would be grateful if the colllective were able to help me out by answering the following questions please.
I have only the one Linux server (P4-2.6Ghz, 2GB RAM), which presently serves as PDC, DNS, DHCP, File Server, Mail Server, public Web Server and Gateway.
1. I've read a number of threads on the T'Bird/Lightning situation. As of July 08, is this pretty much solved? I guess I'm asking about both the alarms popup, the deleting/modifying events and deleting/modifying tasks issues.
2. Does the T'Bird/lightning combo work for meeting invites, etc?
3. I need to maintain about 7 different email domains and have the users log in to each domain with separate accounts. But Calendaring, etc. only needs to work with one domain. Can Zimbra deal with this?
4. As mentioned, the machine already serves as a public web server. Does Zimbra want to take control of the web server, or can I still modify httpd.conf to serve up various other virtual hosts?
5. I already run Postfix/Dovecot/amavisd-new/Clamav/Spamassassin. Obviously I expect Zimbra to take over/replace these in one form or other. But do I have a choice what it uses, or does it all just come in one big package?
Hope to hear back. Many thanks in advance.