Thread: Migration from LDAP+Samba+Sendmail+Dovecot to Zimbra ...

Default Migration from LDAP+Samba+Sendmail+Dovecot to Zimbra ...

Hello, i'm trying to migrate my servers with have a LDAP auth base with Samba integrated, and we use Sendmail + Dovecot, how is the best way to full migrate this ambient to the Zimbra without any loses. I Have more or less 3000 user accounts, 68 group accounts and more than 1500 machine accounts.

Manual editing of this accounts it's not a good choice because of the number of accounts, so i'm searching for anything to automated this process.

I see in the wiki the tutorial of using for migrate from dovecot, but not mentionate the Samba included. Exist some tool for make this work more painless ?

I if this migration works with any loses Zimbra will bring many new and exciting features for our work.

Thanks for your help.

Bruno Cavalcante Barbosa
    Network Administrator of SESAU - BRAZIL

This would probably take a lot of scripting. Basicly you could replace your ldap + samba wiht zimbra's ldap with samba as explained in
    unfortunately you can't just import your data into the zimbra ldap because it requires accounts to be created with zmprov. but you could write a script that parses your old ldap tree and calls zmprov and inserts all the attributes.

as for the dovecot migration you would need to check out imapsync which i can tell you coming form a cyrus-imap setup works beautifuly

well, you, or anyone here, can help me with making this script, i tried the one in wiki and not work, im trying to migrate from my existing ldap base, to the Zimbra. One good example will help so much. I think the Zimbra can help-us very mutch in our organization, and their webmail is so great.

If anyone can help me with this i will Thanks ...