Thread: Accpeting REST ICS Import appointments while supressing mail

Hybrid View

Default Accpeting REST ICS Import appointments while supressing mail

I'm importing several ICS files for new users with curl as described at:

http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?tit...ng_into_Zimbra

I have a problem where each appointment shows up "ready to be accepted": it's a darker color and upon viewing the appointment it looks like the user could accept it, which would then send mail and change the color back to normal. Is there a way to import a calendar so that each appointment is already accepted? Something like the following except for a calendar, not email would be nice:

zmmailbox -z -m $user markFolderRead /$folder

Assuming that I can mark the calendar as read can I suppress all of the acceptance mail that would be sent as a result of accepting the appointments?

I don't have this solved but I've made progress.

The appointments show up as invitations because the owner is from a different domain. So running the following before curling fixed it:

sed -i s/lafayette.edu/zmail.lafayette.edu/g $file.ics

However, I'm concerned the problem will come up again when I send the server into production.

The production (non-Zimbra) server's domain is lafayette.edu. I'm migrating a copy of my user's data to the pre-production Zimbra server whose domain is zmail.lafayette.edu for now. When I change the Zimbra server's domain to lafayette.edu will these appointments become invitations again?

I tried removing the domain from the ical file so I just had $username (not $username@$domain). Is there a variation of the replace option I can run that will ignore the domain or something I can use which means "this domain"; perhaps a variable like localhost?

I've made more progress and have a method to achive the desireable behavior but I'd like to know why it works.

If I import an iCal file for user@foo into user@bar then I need to replace foo with bar in the Organizer field (RFC 2445, 4.8.4.3) in the iCal file first. If I don't do this then each appointment will appear as an invitation not owned by the user. An easy way to see if you have this issue is to see if Zimbra displays the appointment with a darker color.

I can use the above method for all of my users but I was concerned that if I then changed bar back to foo to send the server into production that I'd have this same problem. I did a test (http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=ZmSetServerName) and it seems that a hostname change didn't change appointment status. Downloading the iCal file from the changed hostname still shows the old hostname. This is the desireable behavior but I would like to know why.

Why would the organizer field's value of a different host cause a tentative appointment for an import but a standard appointment for a hostname change?