Thread: [SOLVED] Missing Exchange Migration Tool

Hybrid View

Default [SOLVED] Missing Exchange Migration Tool

I'm testing Zimbra in our enterprise ahead of purchasing the product and moving off of an aging Exchange server.

Server Ubuntu 8.04 LTS, Zimbra 5.0 (evaluation license)

On the Admin console, the links on the downloads page all point to "undefined". There are no tools there to download.

Linking directly to https://192.xx.xx.xx:7071/zimbra/downloads/index.html gets me a blank page. (that's the address of my lab Zimbra server, obviously). No html or server errors, just a blank page.

Digging through the file structure of the Zimbra server itself led me to a MigrationWizard.exe that I moved onto one of my Windoze servers and executed; it's a liquid mail migration tool that does not match what's in the documentation. Also, it won't authenticate (doesn't have the option for SSL connexion I think is the problem).

I'm stuck guys. I need to test this functionality, but I don't have the tool. Is there a place I can download it directly from Zimbra? This would help!

--ckr

Hi, I'm having the same problem.

I can access my download page, but when i try to use one of the wizards, i got a "PAGE NOT FOUND" in my zimbra server.

I'm running Server Ubuntu 8.04 LTS, Zimbra 5.0 (open source edition)

I need the outlook migration wizard.

Can someone send the exe wizard to me???

Exclamation Quite Strange

It's quite strange. Anyway, I will advise you to install an Open Source edition on ubuntu 7.10, to see how it works.
    You may need to edit the /etc/lsb-release and rename the /etc/debian-version, before running the Zimbra install script.
    The lsb-release is to be changed to 6.06 instead of 7.10.
    You can get the Outlook migration wizard and the Exchange migration wizard as well from the new installation, only make sure it 's the same version of Zimbra you intend to run.
    Furthermore try and reinstall Zimbra on a test system running 8.04LTS.
    If the problem persists, you may need to report the bug.
    Cheerio.

Default Hmmm. Another swing?

Thanks for the suggestion, but that really won't work quite well for us. We're standardising on 8.04LTS and don't have another couple of servers in the lab to test earlier versions of Ubuntu on. When/if we go live with this product, that's the version of Ubuntu that we'll be running on the live server.

Is there nowhere to download this tool? Can someone not email or ftp a copy of it? This really is critical to our testing of this product.

ckr

Grab them from http://testzimbra.com/zimbra/downloads/index.html for now.

I couldn't reproduce the missing downloads in 5.0.9_GA_2533.UBUNTU8 NE (I'll check FOSS in a moment) they're available in the support portal (but you obviously don't have access there yet/evertonxvieira won't).

There have been other fixes to them since, but in-case you should hit Bug 29614 - Appointment with Uid[] has already been migrated, hence skipping it. (regression of the 5.0.5 tools fixed for 6.0.x) I'll send a copy to your forum email addresses.

Smile Thanks!

Mike, you're the best. That fixed it. I got the Exchange Migration Tool and the Outlook PST Migration Tool from the site you sent. My spamdogs got the two you sent via email. If you'd like to try again, send them to the more friendly seachnasaigh@gmail.com and I'll likely get them.

For anyone else reading this, the tools worked just great, slick as deerguts on a doorknob as they say round here. I have a test doppelgaenger account with all of the email, calendar, etc. from one of my technicians loaded to a dummy account; we migrated that over to Zimbra and with one small hitch, it worked very nicely. (Hitch: it didn't migrate the Task List ... we're still puzzling over that one since we used a machine with Outlook 2003 installed although not with that user's name).

If you haven't used it before, Microsoft has a tool called exmerge.exe that will turn a user's Exchange mailbox into a .pst file and then import it into another mailbox on Exchange. Pretty slick. It's the tool you use when you're migrating from one Exchange server to another, but it has other uses ... backups are one, and changing a user's Exchange profile name is another. For this migration, it allows me to move a 'safe' copy of a user's mailbox to a neutral location, then import from that location into Zimbra without actually touching the user's existing mailbox. Very handy. Users familiar with Cisco VOIP solutions will recognise it immediately as the tool Cisco uses for voicemail backup and migration. It's free and actually makes getting rid of Exchange a less troublesome and safer process.

Mike, thanks again. We're moving along nicely now and hopefully will purchase a Zimbra Enterprise solution in the next 90 days thanks to your help. Nicely done!

--ckr

Default Calendar import problems

first up zimbra is magic - its doing push to my iphone right now

but i've got the calendar import thing going wrong

If someone could send me the working zcs pst import tool that would be great

cheers

Default See Mike

Simon:

Mike Morse from Zimbra hooked me up with the files I needed; I suspect he'll do the same for you. I'd send you mine, but the distro is probably different and may not work with what you've got. They seem to monitor these boards fairly well, so I suspect you'll come out fine. Cheers!

--ckr

Welcome to the forums Simon,

Are you missing the tools in the downloads folder or hitting the UID error?

If UID error see this thread where the 5.0.5 tools are attached: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...tml#post108556

If it's missing could we get your full version string?
    su - zimbra
    zmcontrol -v

I started reading from farther up and missed the point
    Quote Originally Posted by simon.williams View Post
    but i've got the calendar import thing going wrong
    Files are in other thread - issue is fixed in GNR.