Thread: PST Import and Emailed Contacts

Default PST Import and Emailed Contacts

I am using the PST importer to migrate some outlook 2003 and outlook 2007 PST files to Zimbra. The import works fine (although it doesn't seem to be putting emails in folders, just creating the folders) but the main problem is that the contact lists are empty after the import. The user apparently relied on the Outlook auto complete and never manually added contacts to their address book.

Is it possible to regenerate the "Emailed Contacts" list in zimbra using the current inbox or messages on their account?

What I usually do to get the emailed contacts back is to recreate a nk2 file for zimbra after you import the email. The .nk2 file is the file that outlook uses to store the emailed contacts information. This file is located in: "docs and settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\" What I usually do is copy the "Outlook.nk2" file and paste it, then rename it to zimbra.nk2. Now when you start to type a message, it will show you your emailed contacts. I don't know why zimbra doesn't include this in their import, it seems like a simple thing to do. Hope that helps.
    Server: Dell 2850, Dual Xeon Dual Core 3.0ghz CPUs, 16gb Ram, 4 x 750gb 15k Hard drives

Default What directory

Thanks for the tip. In which directory do you place 'zimbra.nk2'?

in the new/same profile folder?

Smile Free Outlook NK2 Auto Complete Cache Rebuild Tool

I have posted a free NK2 Auto Complete Cache Rebuild tool, its very easy to use and does not need to install on the PC if you do not wish it to.

I would recommed NOT rebuilding the Inbox addresses but the Sent folder and other trusted folders. If you rebuild on Inbox well you create a cache auto complete of all the spammers.

Microsoft Outlook Tips | Install AutoCache Rebuild From Web

Very Cool!