Thread: Using zmmailbox to access a server with a self signed cert

Default Using zmmailbox to access a server with a self signed cert

Hi,

I am trying to migrate contact and calendar info for a mailbox on a Zimbra 4.5 server to a mailbox on a Zimbra 5.0.10 server. I am attempting to use zimbraMigrate.sh that is a part of the ZCStools.

When the zimbraMigrate.sh script invokes zmmailbox to get a list of the user's folders, it crashes with:

ERROR: zclient.IO_ERROR (invoke sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderE xception: unable to find valid certification path to requested target, server: zimbra.mycompany.com) (cause: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderE xception: unable to find valid certification path to requested target)

The Zimbra 4.5 server has a self signed cert and I believe this is causing zmmailbox to fail to connect. Is there anyway to disable the cert check in zmmailbox?

Thanks

OK, I figured out I needed to add the self made CA cert to Java's list of trusted CAs (/opt/zimbra/java/jre/lib/security/cacerts). I did that with:

keytool -import -trustcacerts -alias "aliasname" -file my-ca.crt -keystore /opt/zimbra/java/jre/lib/security/cacerts

Now the problem is zmmailbox errors with:
    ERROR: service.AUTH_REQUIRED (no valid authtoken present)

I'm just trying to list a user's folders with:
    /opt/zimbra/bin/zmmailbox -u Domain Name Registration, E-mail, Web Hosting -a admin@mydomain.com -p adminpassword -m username getAllFolders

Any ideas?
    Last edited by mathia; 12-01-2008 at 04:52 PM.

OK, I figured out I needed to add the self made CA cert to Java's list of trusted CAs (/opt/zimbra/java/jre/lib/security/cacerts). I did that with:

keytool -import -trustcacerts -alias "aliasname" -file my-ca.crt -keystore /opt/zimbra/java/jre/lib/security/cacerts

Now the problem is zmmailbox errors with:
    ERROR: service.AUTH_REQUIRED (no valid authtoken present)

I'm just trying to list a user's folders with:
    /opt/zimbra/bin/zmmailbox -u Domain Name Registration, E-mail, Web Hosting -a admin@mydomain.com -p adminpassword -m username getAllFolders

Any ideas?