Thread: Migration from Exim to Zimbra

Default Migration from Exim to Zimbra

Hello,
    I've got a little question. I have exim mailserver, but I'm planning migration to Zimbra. The problem is that I allready know I won't make this migration in one day.

So I'm going to make two mx entries in DNS.
    mx.domain.com (old mailserver) with lower priority
    mx2.domain.com (new mailserver) with higher priority

When someone will send an email to user@domain.com, but zimbra (on new mailserver) won't have that account yet, I want it to forward that email to old mailserver.

Could anyone tell me how to do that in Zimbra ?

Regards
    Luke

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thanks for your help

How will you configure a secondary postfix server other than zimbra? The wiki just gave methods of zimbra being a primary and secondary server. How if I want zimbra to be a primary and my old server a secondary server (postfix). What changes do I need to make on my secondary server. I am currently having issues sending emails from account on my primary to account on my secondary. It is being looped back to me and also, some emails being sent from outside are not being delivered to my old server (postfix). I have to reverse the MX setup back to normal instead of one being higher and the other being lower. After doing that, emails that where being sent for hours are now been delivered because the MX of the old server is now pointing back to itself.

This is what I did on my zimbra server:
    created the same domain as my current email server (old) eg. my.account.com and relay it on my zimbra server zimbra.my.account.com
    I added all accounts on the old server (my.account.com) to the new zimbra server (my.account.com)
    follow the first, second, and third steps suggested on the wiki to make my zimbra server the primary MX.
    I tried my account as the first step and I was able to receive emails from the internet as was expected, but was unable to receive emails sent from accounts on the secondary server as I was expecting. And also, account on the secondary server was not able to receive most emails from outside, but few were received.

Now on my old server, do I have to setup relay_domains = zimbra.my.account.com or my.account.com or just use the ip address instead. (The reason why I am asking is because I have a relay_recipient file with users that are in my zimbra domain)

this is becoming a dillema and I am almost loosing my job. Please help please help. I am still trying that is why I am here.
    Last edited by borngunners; 10-08-2009 at 10:43 AM.