Thread: Migrating vpopmail (maildir) messages to Zimbra

Default Migrating vpopmail (maildir) messages to Zimbra

Hi all

I've set up Zimbra for our company and it's running fine. Also, my colleagues and I are quite pleased with its features, so that we've decided to migrate our existing accounts to Zimbra.
    Our accounts are on a vpopmail server, the messages are stored in the Maildir format. I use this script to migrate the Maildir folders. As for now, I'd just like to make a few test runs to see if everything works all right. I have, however, encountered the following problem:

In the first test run, I migrated a single existing account, which worked fine. The imported messages appeared in a separate folder after that. It was only after that test run that I discovered that I didn't have any sent messages or saved drafts in that particular account, which therefore made a bad example. So I deleted the folder with the imported messages from within my Zimbra account, created a draft and a sent message and tried again. This time the sent message and the draft got imported to the correct Zimbra folders but I don't see the messages from the inbox - not in the Zimbra Inbox folder and not in a separate folder which I had deleted previously, after the first import attempt.

Does Zimbra keep some kind of cache that prevents subsequent imports of messages that had already been imported?

Thanks in advance!

Joran

Welcome to the forums

I don't think so ... perhaps a better method for migration would be to install a simple IMAP daemon on your server and then use IMAPSync to bring all the data in ? Up to date scripts are available on the Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    Welcome to the forums
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    I don't think so ... perhaps a better method for migration would be to install a simple IMAP daemon on your server and then use IMAPSync to bring all the data in ? Up to date scripts are available on the Wiki
    Right, that should be possible, too, and probably much easier.

Thanks for pointing me in that direction!

Joran