Thread: Server migration errors on startup

Default Server migration errors on startup

I'm migrating from an Ubuntu 6.10 box to an Ubuntu 8.04LTS box. I was able to upgrade the old (6.10) server to the latest Zimbra (5.0.16) with no problems. It's up and running just fine.

I then followed the directions at Zimbra Power Tips - Moving ZCS to Another Server to transfer my system. I did the dummy install, resolved missing components, did it again and was successful. Removed the files as directed.

I then rsynced my files across, ran zmfixperms, got the hostname changed and IP changed, and rebooted. IP and hostname resolve properly. Ran the install, and got some errors about Java:

ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: ZimbraLdapContext) (cause: java.net.SocketException Broken pipe)

After several of those, it said done and returned me to the prompt. I ran zmcontrol start and I get an error that convertd is skipped because it's missing or not executable. Running zmcontrol status shows everything is running but convertd, but I can't connect to mail through either Mac Mail or the Zimbra web interface, nor the admin webpage.

Just for clarification, this is 5.0.16 Network Edition on Ubuntu 8.04LTS.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Mike
    Last edited by MikeOliveri; 07-08-2009 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Clarify server version

Quick update, not sure if it's related:

I decided to run the installer again while I was waiting and see if I could find additional errors. I verified the message store database and it came back clean. Then I verified the Logger Database and got the errors:

warning : 1 client is using or hasn't closed the table properly

It shows up for several users including mysql.user, zimbra_logger.amavis, zimbra_logger.amavis_aggregate, zimbra_logger.config, zimbra_logger.config_aggregate, zimbra_logger.disk_status, zimbra_logger.mta, zimbra_logger.mta_aggregate, zimbra_logger.processing_history, zimbra_logger.raw_logs.

Then there's:
    warning : Table is marked as crashed
    warning : 1 client is using or hasnt' closed the table properly
    error : size of datafile is: 221720576 shoul be: 221720592
    error : Corrupt
    zimbra_logger.service_status
    warning : 4 clients are using or haven't closed the table properly
    zimbra_logger.raw_logs
    info : Found block that points outside data file at 221720476

Worst case I can fire up the old server and be back in business, but I'd rather get this one going if possible.

Thanks,
    Mike

Managed to get the errors leading up to those listed in the first post:

Restoring existing configuration file from /opt/zimbra/.saveconfig/config.save...done
    Operations logged to /tmp/zmsetup.07082009-113257.log
    Starting ldap...done.
    ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: ZimbraLdapContext) (cause: java.net.SocketException Broken pipe)
    Setting defaults...ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: ZimbraLdapContext) (cause: java.net.SocketException Broken pipe)
    done.
    Setting defaults from existing config...done.
    Checking for port conflicts
    Setting defaults from ldap...ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: ZimbraLdapContext) (cause: java.net.SocketException Broken pipe)