Thread: Cross-update between platforms

Default Cross-update between platforms

I want to make a cross-Update

from
    openSuSe 10.2, ZCS 5.06.

to
    Ubuntu 8.0.4 LTS, ZCS 6.x

this upgrade does not work! Formal works the Upgrade-Skript, but the migrated Version does not work fine and I get many errors. So when I click on the serverstatistics I receive SOAP-connect errors and it is not possible to create a new alias-domain (errors occur). I can not send any mails, because the system doesn't replace the internal domain (not resolvable) by the official domain, the user has. the log-Files show connection errors in LDAP.
    An upgrade from 5.0.6 to 5.0.x (ubuntu LTS) doesn't work too. Everytime I get a compiler-error after the update of the LDAP meaning this upgrade is only for an "XS" system, whatever this means.

For the reason the openSuSe distribution is not longer supported I need to upgrade to an other supported version.

Any ideas, how i could manage this ?

regards
    Stefan

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Welcome to the forums.

Moving ZCS to Another Server » Zimbra :: Blog

There are also quite a few threads in the forums and articles in the wiki on moving to a new server if you'd like to search.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thanks, but I used exactly this guide and it doesn't work.

On my Test-System, where I made the migration before, I can reproduce the problems.

I'll try to find out these Articles.

regards
    Stefan

You need to post the exact steps you've done to move to a new server and what errors you see in the log files.
    Regards

Bill

Hi,

the steps I used were excatly these ones explained in the above mentioned migration-guide. The only difference is, that I had to use for the dummy-Installation the ZCS-Version 5.0.9 of Ubuntu 8.0.4 LTS, because there is no former version of ZCS available for this OS. But even if I don't "upgrade" to a higher version but only "upgrade" to the same version after I copied the backup into /opt/zimbra I get the compiling break .

Here are the error-messages and an extract of the mailbox.log-File. Hope you can help me.

Server statistics
    Mail: system failure: unable to get globalgrant Fehlercode: service.FAILURE Method: GetLoggerStatsRequest Details:soap:Receiver

Creating Alias-Domain
    Mail: system failure: unable to get globalgrant Fehlercode: service.FAILURE Method: CreateDomainRequest Details:soap:Receiver

Extrat of Logfiles
    2009-09-28 08:34:54,440 INFO [btpool0-12] [name=admin@zimbra.cpl-ffm.int;mid=2;ip=192.168.1.27;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Linux);] soap - SearchDirectoryRequest
    2009-09-28 08:34:56,028 INFO [btpool0-12] [name=admin@zimbra.cpl-ffm.int;mid=2;ip=192.168.1.27;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Linux);] soap - GetCreateObjectAttrsRequest
    2009-09-28 08:34:59,892 INFO [btpool0-12] [name=admin@zimbra.cpl-ffm.int;mid=2;ip=192.168.1.27;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Linux);] soap - CreateDomainRequest
    2009-09-28 08:34:59,938 INFO [btpool0-12] [name=admin@zimbra.cpl-ffm.int;mid=2;ip=192.168.1.27;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Linux);] SoapEngine - handler exception
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: unable to get globalgrant
    ExceptionId:btpool0-12:1254119699937:ef7212b03918232a
    Code:service.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:251)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.getGlo balGrant(LdapProvisioning.java:442)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.AdminAccessControl$ACL AccessControl.checkRight(AdminAccessControl.java:5 34)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.AdminDocumentHandler.c heckRight(AdminDocumentHandler.java:373)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.AdminDocumentHandler.c heckRight(AdminDocumentHandler.java:342)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.CreateDomain.handle(Cr eateDomain.java:57)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:417)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:272)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:156)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork(SoapServlet.jav a:291)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:212)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:727)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:187)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:502)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1148)
    at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserA gentFilter.java:81)
    at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter .java:129)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1139)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:378)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:216)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:181)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:765)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:417)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.h andle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:517)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.co ntent(HttpConnection.java:868)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:747)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:218)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:386)
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:409)
    at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)
    Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - No Such Object]; remaining name 'cn=globalgrant,cn=zimbra'
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.jav a:3066)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCt x.java:2987)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCt x.java:2794)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_getAttributes(LdapCtx. java:1309)
    at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_get Attributes(ComponentDirContext.java:213)
    at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContex t.getAttributes(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:12 1)
    at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.getAttrib utes(InitialDirContext.java:133)
    at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.getAttrib utes(InitialDirContext.java:128)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.ZimbraLdapContext.getAt tributes(ZimbraLdapContext.java:570)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.getGlo balGrant(LdapProvisioning.java:439)

Stefan

Hi,

isn't there anybody who can help me !!!!

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Armodillo View Post
    the steps I used were excatly these ones explained in the above mentioned migration-guide. The only difference is, that I had to use for the dummy-Installation the ZCS-Version 5.0.9 of Ubuntu 8.0.4 LTS, because there is no former version of ZCS available for this OS. But even if I don't "upgrade" to a higher version but only "upgrade" to the same version after I copied the backup into /opt/zimbra I get the compiling break .
    Well the fact you've used a different version for the dummy install is not 'exactly the steps' described in the article and is most likely the cause of your problem. I'd suggest you take a backup of your current version of Zimbra then update it in-place to the current version and when you're happy that it's working move it to your new server.
    Regards

Bill

Thank's for the answer. I'll try it and give a response.

Stefan

Default Same problem with 5.0.11 -> 5.0.19 -> 6.0.2 Upgrade

Hi All, I am having the same problem as described in this post.

I started with 5.0.11 running on open SuSE 10.2.

First, I upgraded in place to 5.0.19.

Then I followed the steps in the "Moving ZCS to Another Server" blog entry to move the 5.0.19 install over to Ubuntu 8.0.4. (Moving ZCS to Another Server » Zimbra :: Blog)

On the Ubuntu system, running the ./install.sh (5.0.19) after restoring my /opt/zimbra folder produced an error related to "XS" and Scalar::Utils. (I don't remember the exact message) I was not able to resolve this issue. I tried the same process with a CentOS5 target OS too, same error. None of the forum posts I found helped...

Just for the heck of it, despite being unable to resolve this error, I ran the upgrade to 6.0.2, to see if it would resolve the issue. The upgrade worked, my system came up, and is mostly functional.

I now have the exact same situation as described above.

Can anyone offer insight or suggestions?

Or is the only option to go back to the 5.0.19 install on Ubuntu try to get help troubleshooting that?

Your time, thoughts, and suggestions are much appreciated!