Thread: Export user passwords

Default Export user passwords

I'm migrating a ZCS 5 box to a new 6.0.2 box and I would like to preserve all accounts with their password.

I know how provision and batch creating new users but I dont know current passwords on the old box.

Any way to export them from the old box or a link with the instruction?

Thanks

Steeve

Quote Originally Posted by slaplante View Post
    I'm migrating a ZCS 5 box to a new 6.0.2 box and I would like to preserve all accounts with their password.

I know how provision and batch creating new users but I dont know current passwords on the old box.

Any way to export them from the old box or a link with the instruction?

Thanks

Steeve
    I'm still looking for a solution

I suggest you read a few articles on the wiki, there's plenty to find on Zimbra server migration, and I think there are easier ways to migrate then what you're suggesting in the topicstart. A good starting point: Zimbra to Zimbra Server Migration - Zimbra :: Wiki

I would first move the ZCS 5.0.x install from server A to server B and then upgrade to ZCS 6. My advise is to upgrade to ZCS 6.0.6 instead of ZCS 6.0.2. If you use family mailboxes, definitely do not use any version prior to ZCS 6.0.5.

Default migrating passwords

I am also trying to do this. Just to reiterate: We need to migrate the account passwords from our old Zimbra server (running 5.x on RHEL) to our Zimbra server (running 6.x on Ubuntu). I'm a little perplexed actually that I haven't been able to find a way of doing this so far. Surely this is a common thing to want to do, but the documentation on the matter seems at best fragmented and difficult to follow.

Unfortunately, I've been unable to do the export of the pwd db which is located in the LDAP and is encrypted.

However, I did the following;
    - I clone my original Zimbra 5 RHEL4-64bit setup;
    - Then I upgraded it to 6.0.6 without a glitch;
    - Then I installed the v 6.0.6 on a fresh install of RHEL5.5-64bit on another system;
    - I stopped zimbra on both system and deleted the /opt/zimbra/* on the RHEL5.5
    - Then i did a rsynch -av of /opt/zimbra/ from the cloned system to the fresh RHEL5.5 install.

So I now have a fresh RHEL5.5 installed with zimbra 6.0.6 with all user account.

Hope it help...

Steeve

that page would help me see, I only need to export the LDAP or as I can achieve only make the export of LDAP