Hi,

We are trying to migrate from Google Apps to Zimbra, but imapsync exits with the following error:
Can not open imap connection on [imap.gmail.com] with user [xxx.xxx@companyname.com]:

We have successfully migrated from MDaemon to Zimbra with imapsync. I have tried getting a solution from various forums, have upgraded imapsync and IMAPClient as suugested on their website for Gmail support..... still no luck.

Firewall is not blocking outbound connections, I can telnet to port 993 and run command line IMAP commands on google apps domain.

Kindly help me resolving it.

imapsync error:

$RCSfile: imapsync,v $ $Revision: 1.286 $ $Date: 2009/07/24 15:53:04 $
Here is a [linux] system (Linux mail.zimbradomain.com 2.6.18-128.1.14.el5 #1 SMP Wed Jun 17 06:38:05 EDT 2009 x86_64)
with perl 5.8.8
Mail::IMAPClient 3.19
IO::Socket 1.29
IO::Socket::SSL
Digest::MD5 2.36
Digest::HMAC_MD5
Term::ReadKey
Date::Manip
and the module Mail::IMAPClient version used here is 3.19
Command line used:
/usr/bin/imapsync --host1 imap.gmail.com --ssl1 --user1 xxx@companyname.com --password1 MASKED --host2 mail.zimbradomain.com --user2 xxx.xxx@zimbradomain.com --password2 MASKED --authmech1 LOGIN --authmech2 PLAIN --syncinternaldates --subscribe --nosyncacls
Turned ON syncinternaldates, will set the internal dates (arrival dates) on host2 same as host1.
TimeZone:[IST]
Will try to use LOGIN authentication on host1
Will try to use PLAIN authentication on host2
From imap server [imap.gmail.com] port [993] user [xxx@companyname.com]
To imap server [mail.zimbardomain.com] port [143] user [xxx.xxx@zimbradomain.com]
Can not open imap connection on [imap.gmail.com] with user [xxx@companyname.com]: