Thread: Transfering Sent Mail files to Zimbra

Hybrid View

Default Transfering Sent Mail files to Zimbra

I have a Free.fr email account and Free.fr recently migrated my email account to their Zimbra system.

My inbox was transferred over just fine, but the sent mail box didn't get transferred over. Is this normally a problem, or should it be automatic?

Can anyone help me transfer my sent mail files to the new Zimbra account?

I have left my sent mail and inbox messages on the Free.fr server, and haven't downloaded them to my home PC, since I need to access them from multiple computers.

Of course, I haven't gotten any help from Free.fr since they rarely respond to requests for help, so I would appreciate any help you folks can provide.

Thank you

Welcome to the forums

Quote Originally Posted by FreeChuck View Post
    I have a Free.fr email account and Free.fr recently migrated my email account to their Zimbra system.

My inbox was transferred over just fine, but the sent mail box didn't get transferred over. Is this normally a problem, or should it be automatic?
    A question for Free.fr as it is possible to sync Sent items.

I have left my sent mail and inbox messages on the Free.fr server, and haven't downloaded them to my home PC, since I need to access them from multiple computers.
    Do you have access to your old account ? You could create a IMAP connection to your new Zimbra account and then drag 'n' drop between folders.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Do you actually have any email in your Sent folder on the old IMAP system? If you do you can transfer it the way uxbod has said.

I've found that when mail was transferred to the new Zimbra service there is an additional sent mail folder inside the Inbox, it's labelled 'sent-mail' - do you see that? The problem is that Free is using the Open Source version of Zimbra and we have no idea of how they've configured their systems, eventually you'll have to get support from them.

Of course, I haven't gotten any help from Free.fr since they rarely respond to requests for help, so I would appreciate any help you folks can provide.
    I usually find them quite helpful (they're also my ISP) but I believe the Zimbra service is considered beta and I don't think they respond to questions about it.

You can also request that your new Zimbra account is synchronised again, you do that from the initial login page and there's also instructions on what to do if the synchronisation hasn't worked.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.