Thread: Exchange 2000 mailbox migration

Exclamation Exchange 2000 mailbox migration

Hi everybody,
    I successfully installed Zimbra Collaboration Suite 6.0.4 Open Source Edition on a Fedora 11 machine. I downloaded the Migration Wizard for Exchange and I launched it from my Exchange 2000 Server with an accordingly configured mailbox profile (an administrative account that can access all the mailboxes). All works fine but for the mailboxes with a large number of messages (I don't know what is the limit over which the tool reports an error). The log reports this message:
    "Error while importing mailbox mymailbox@mydomain: error_threshold_reached. Failed to process too many items."

Is there a way to increase this threshold?
    Please let me know!
    Thanks a lot
    Giancarlo

Welcome to the forums

Have you searched the forums as I believe that error has come up a few times ?

as far as I remember, you are not supposed to install the migration wizard on the server. you have to have outlook 2007 running which means install it on a regular client.

the error threshold can be set in the registry of the client machine.

Bernhard

Thank you for your welcome!
    I tried to search on the forum but most problems are related to .pst migration and to maximum attachment size. I found some threads about my issue but they still are unsolved...
    Bernhard, I read that you can also run the migration wizard on the Exchange Server, you only have to create a MAPI profile, anyway I'll try to perform the migration on a regular client.
    I also checked the ErrorThreshold key on the registry, but I suppose it's only related to the maximum number of errors before the application stops importing the mailboxes... I was looking for the maximum number of messages that could be imported.
    Giancarlo

Yes, the registry key is about the maximum number of errors. And there is another one about the maximum attachment size that you are allowing to get imported.

I can't remember of any maximum number of messages that can be imported. I did mailbox per mailbox, the biggest one being around 4GB...

Well, I put the ErrorThreshold value to 0 into the registry, and I noticed that the error occurs only on some mailboxes... I fear it's an Exchange issue (I could never suppose that!!! ), but it's really strange 'cause I recently performed an eseutil with /p and /d parameters on the information store and fixed some errors on it...
    I'll try to investigate on the Exchange side...
    Thank you for the support!
    Giancarlo