We have 10 offices (1 HO + 9 sites) with 10 different Domain names. (eg; dom1.com, dom2.com to dom10.com) where dom1.com is the HO. Some of of the sites are using Ex2k3 + AD, some are Ex2k7 + AD and one site is postfix + ldap, and few sites are having hosted mail service.
Now we are planning to move this entire domain to a single domain called "abc.com". So we are really looking for a opensource solution for our entire Infrastructure.
Existing Mailing Infra Details;
1. We have around 50 blackberry BES users.
2. Most users are using MS Outlook (few Entourage and Evolution Clients), most operating systems are Windows7 and XP, few are Mac and Ubuntu
3. Outlook Web Access is working for travelling users
4. 5% of our users are always on travel
5. Outlook anywhere is working for mobile users
6. Calendar service is used
7. Contacts used even on mobile devices
8. 10% of users are using mobile services (Iphone, symbian, microsoft mobile)
9. Each sites is having around 5 GB of mail transfer + HO is having around 10GB of Mail data per day.
10. Almost 50% of the entire emails is having attachments with an average size of 7MB, some may go upto 25MB.
11. Current Mailbox Sizes (even after creating PST files often)
a. 5% of users is having 20GB mailbox size
b. 15% of users is having 10GB mailbox size
c. 45% of users is having 5Gb mailbox size
d. 35% of users is having 2GB mailbox size
12. As each location is having its own domain name and mail server, the mails are dispatched directly to those servers, and these 2000 user accounts are spread across these 10 servers (eg: HO is having 400, siteA is having 500, SiteB is having 100, etc).
13. HO is having 4Mb/s connection for mailing, few sites is having 2Mb/s shared connection, some others 1Mb/s shared connection.
14. In HO, we are using Barracuda for Spam & Virus Filtering.
15. In HO, Currently we are storing Mailboxes in EMC SAN.
Objectives of the Proposed Solution;
1. Unified single domain called abc.com
2. All sites will be having local Mail servers
3. All External Mails to our company should come to our HO, then re routed to the sites users mailboxes or to the HO internal users mailboxes
4. Each sites users mailboxes should be stored in the local mail server located in that corresponding site
5.All mails to HO and Sites should be centrally backed up from the HO.
6. easy recovery of individual mails
7. Should have a quick disaster recovery
8. When the user is transfered, mailbox should also move to the new location
9. Global Address book should be available from Desktop / web / Mobile devices
10. Should support Blackberry BES service
11. Should support Calendering
12. Mail, Contact, Calender, etc should work from Windows, Mac and Linux desktops
13. Web mail support
14. Feature like Single Instance Storage for optimal storage in case of multiple instance of a mail
15. Smooth Migration
- Existing mails should be available in the new setup
- Auto response when a mail hits the old email-id, informing then of the new email-id
- Minimal downtime
For the collaboration suite, Zimbra is on the top in our priority list of opensource solution. We would like to know the following things as of now;
1. Whether we could achieve all the objectives of our requirement
2. How much will be the approx cost for a 2000 mailbox network edition pro.
3. Does we need any more plugin/3rd party packages to achieve our objectives
4. Is there anyway (along with addons/plugins/3rd party pkgs) to go with Zimbra Opensource solution to achieve our objectives.
5. How can we setup the Zimbra Server in HO to accept all mails coming to our domain, and re route to the Site's Mail Server as per the location of User,s Mailbox.
I would like to hear from anyone who had experienced in similar kind of implementation. Please advice me about the thing which i want to take care, and if possible which will be the best way to achieve this.
Thanks in Advance...