Thread: physical moving centos with zimbra

Default physical moving centos with zimbra

Hello,

i`m new in linux administration but this hard problem is purposed to me, my company have a server ( CentOS ), but my boss want to change the physical site and i think maybe i must change some settings of the server, but what settings i must change to work everything like before moving?

Sorry about stupid questions, but i don`t find much information, and i don`t have time to decide this, because the old admin is gone off

Are you changing the IP address, host name, etc. on the new server, or are you just moving to a new location?

There are many, many discussions on the forums, and several documents in the wiki related to the topic of migrating Zimbra installations to a new server. The most basic type of move really isn't that complicated. This would be same server OS, same Zimbra version, same architecture (32 vs 64 bits), same IP address. Basically it involves backing up Zimbra on the existing server, installing the OS on the new server, installing a "dummy" Zimbra installation, and restoring the data.

As you add more things to the mix, like upgrading the OS for example, the migration does get progressively more complicated. However, I don't think there are too many scenarios which have not been covered extensively.

hello,

i just want to move the server in another location with another internet connection?

So, you're not even moving to a new server, just physically taking the Zimbra server from one location to another? If this is the case, and the IP addressing scheme of the LAN in the new location is the same as the location where Zimbra server currently lives then you shouldn't really have to do anything with Zimbra itself. This is assuming that there is no IP address conflict when you put the Zimbra server on-line in the new location.

What you will need to look at is both internal and external DNS settings, plus your firewall at the new location to make sure email can get in/out. For internal DNS have a look at the Split Domain - Zimbra :: Wiki wiki page. For external DNS you will probably need to work with your ISP on this. It depends on whether or not you have access to change your DNS records.