Thread: upgrade not terminated properly

Hybrid View

Default upgrade not terminated properly

....the problem mentioned below is solved. I simply restarted the install.sh script again, this time the update worked flawlessly, most parts of zimbra work again. I only have to reapply a few patches necessary for vserver operation (mostly replacement of references to 127.0.0.1 here and there).

Regards
    --Marcel

Hi all

I tried to upgrade my vserver-based zcs-3.1.4_GA_518.FC4 to zcs-4.0.1_GA_324.FC4. All modules could be installed properly, but at the end the procedure failed to upgrade my data store.

Before upgrading, the system forced me to modify the /etc/hosts file to something that does not work within my vserver. Because I have a linux-vserver, I cannot put a "127.0.0.1 localhosts" entry in my hosts file. zcs-3.1.4 worked fine with my alternate hosts file with one single line:

192.168.193.36 localhost.localdomain localhost v-zimbra.milnet.lan v-zimbra

...but the install script did not like that. So I had to modify this file temporarily to make the install script happy, but then reverted back to the version shown here.

Now when I try to launch the admin panel, I get
    javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Data version mismatch. Reinitialize or upgrade the backend data store.
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.init(SoapServlet.java: 118)

I would not mind to lose all data in the data store as long as I can keep my user accounts; this is a test installation anyway. How can I try to perform this "data store upgrade" by hand or reinitialize the data store for use with zcs-4 without losing my configuration/my accounts?

Thanks for any help and best regards
    --Marcel
    Last edited by milprog; 09-20-2006 at 01:07 AM. Reason: problem solved