Thread: PstImport Script not working.

Default PstImport Script not working.

Hi

I have an archive file that is 3gb and a standard .pst that is 340mb. The problem is the import script does not work. It seems to import the 'layout' but no messages inside the 'folders'

Below is a paste of the log file, I noticed it complaining. Too many items failed, exiting.

Regards

Pastebin address for the log file

09-12-2010 13:21:56 [2340]: Outlook Reminder Event

This happend to me and some others as well, it is a bug that apears and disappears. I think, but am not sure, that it is related to outlook 2010. Try importing your file on a machine that does not have outlook 2010 installed.

Ok quite a process to get everyones mail in the company imported as everyone is on Outlook 2010.

Starting to see way to many bugs with Zimbra at the moment Really thought I would be able to use this as a solution but it's way to tempremental.

Webmail stops working and says connection not possible, have to reset the service every so often. Outlook connection to IMAP just hangs and then says disconnected, need to restart the services for it to work.

Trying to log into the admin portal and it sits 'hanging' on 'Loading' have to killall -HUP java

I wanted to buy 2 licenses now for quite a few users and have a fail over solution but if Zimbra is this unstable from the world 'install' I guess I am going to have to rather spend that money on Exchange 2010 licenses.

Well bugs happen and they are trying to repair things as fast as they can. Are your users all using their IMAP? Because there are also other migration methods besides the pst importer like IMAP sync

I was actually in the process of moving everyone to Zimbra from Exchange 2010. Now it seems it's just too buggy. Sales staff have not responded yet about an account to log into to submit bugs. I tried to call overseas to Tech support however you need a license for that which I'm not willing to purchase if the product isn't secure.

Oh well ... I guess I'll just see how all this pans out.

I do appreciate your help. It is just one of those situations that I need a solution today, as I have my bosses jumping all over my head. So I will see if Zimbra get back to me in time or I'll look for an alternative solution. Scalix, etc.

I am not sure if this will help you and i am not sure why this is working. But i got a work around to get the import from outlook 2010 working.

What i did was setup an extra profile on my computer which had never used outlook and all, then i copied my pst files to c:\zimbra\ as that thew newly created user could reach it. And then i tried the import again using the new account and it worked!

My guess now is, that outlook 2010 somehow corrupts the process or it is running in the background making it impossible for the importer to do its job. Either way something is clearly wrong with it.

Okey, so today i tried it again from my newly created account but alas after running outlook it won't work anymore. Not with any new PST's or already imported ones. They all fail after 4 retries with an error about Outlook exception.

Is there any official word on this? The last time i checked bugzilla they closed down the bug because it was in reproducable but i keep having troubles with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Narev View Post
    Either way something is clearly wrong with it.
    I have been saying that about Outlook for years.