Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zimbra Exchange Migration Wizard ERROR

Default Zimbra Exchange Migration Wizard ERROR

Upgraded from ZCS NE 6.07 to 7.0 with no problem. Downloaded the new Exchange migration wizard 7.00.70 & unzipped it. It is in a folder with 4 DLL files. When I execute it, it says "This tool requires Outlook 2003/2007 or MS Exchange 2000/2003" I have Outlook 2007 running on this machine and both types of Exchange server exist.

The previous Exchange Migration Wizard 6.07 worked normally.

What am I missing here?

It is very interesting. Unfortunately I cannot help you in this case but good to know this problem. We are planning to buy a 50 user licensed Network Edition Professional and migrate an Exchange 2007 server with all data (included the public folders). But if the commercial version is this faulty, then we cannot let us this switch. The maintenance windows is very small, we must not allow the downtime. Please let us know if you could solve the problem or you could find an alternate solution. Thank you!

My first idea to import all of the accounts into .pst files and import them to the Zimbra with a script. Geek hack but if it's working...

We check for a couple of different registry keys. If we don't find them, we'll give this error. For Exchange:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\MSExchangeIS\Performance

For Outlook:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Outlook.Application\\CurVer

Did something change in the meantime? Are reg permissions set correctly on these reg keys?

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    We check for a couple of different registry keys. If we don't find them, we'll give this error. For Exchange:

For Outlook:

Did something change in the meantime? Are reg permissions set correctly on these reg keys?
    The machine I am running this on is Windows 7 Pro as a Fusion VM on a Mac. I just rebooted it to see if that matters.. no it didn't.

This key does not exist.

This key DOES exist.

Nothing has changed on this machine as far as I know. The 6.07 wizard still runs when I execute it. Where are the DLL files upposed to be? Do I need to put them somewhere? I couldn't find any installation info.

Quote Originally Posted by tbarhorst View Post
    The machine I am running this on is Windows 7 Pro as a Fusion VM on a Mac. I just rebooted it to see if that matters.. no it didn't.

This key does not exist.

This key DOES exist.

Nothing has changed on this machine as far as I know. The 6.07 wizard still runs when I execute it. Where are the DLL files upposed to be? Do I need to put them somewhere? I couldn't find any installation info.
    I just downloaded this to an older WinXP Pro (Dell Hardware) and it runs fine there.
    (I didn't do a coversion but just wanted to make sure I didn't get the error above)

What does your m2l.log file say for Outlook.Application\CurVer? Or is there anything there at all? And what is the value for CurVer in your registry?

Value of CurVer is Outlook.Application.12

Searching for m2l.log reveals only the reference in the PDF file.. so I am assuming that log doesn't exist.

m2l.log would be in a folder under your %TEMP% directory. Folder is probably named ZCSMigWiz.

m2l.log doesn't exist nor does ZCSMigWiz.

We tried the 7.0 Wizard on another Windows 7 Fusion VM and that seemed to work. We also booted up an ESXi VM that is WinXP with Outlook and it seems to work o.k. there. SO that is our workaround for the time being.

I don't know why it won't run on the first Windows 7 VM (Fusion Based) so if you have any other ideas, let me know.(my personal machine)

For the time being we are moving ahead with our conversions using the WinXP VM on ESXI.

Gotta be something to do with the registry. What is the exact registry hive and value on that affected machine?