Thread: Migrating spools from MacOSX/Cyrus

Hybrid View

Default Migrating spools from MacOSX/Cyrus

I'm thinking about moving my academic institute to Zimbra, from a stock MacOSX postfix/cyrus mail installation. What's the best way to get folks' mail from my existing imap server into their new zimbra accounts? zmlmtpinject?
    I've read that moving the spools themselves is out since the metadata is stored in mysql..

Thanks!

Default I have the same question...

Hi!

I know this is not too helpful, but I have the same question and thought I'd chime in on this thread. I'm at a non-profit that runs Mac OS X with Postfix/Cyrus in leiu of sendmail and I know that earlier this year, my predecessor was trying to migrate to Zimbra. Here's a snippet from one of his old posts in January 2006:
    "I sent a message to one of the people in the forum who did the Mac instal, asking for any tips and advice he might have. Here is his response:
    Re: Max OS X Server installation
    i would wait,
    i currently am working on makiing it a bit more stable on the mac env, i will have it up for the public by end of feb."

And earlier, October 2005:
    "Yep the source is available but at the moment it only builds on Red Hat Enterprise 4 and Fedora Core 3. We took this approach at first to make it very easy to install/run on those platforms. We are working on making the source release more general so that other platforms can build it. It will happen just give us a little time."

Any updates on whether Mac OS X is supported now for migration?

Thanks!

Default OSX is good to go

Quote Originally Posted by GreenChristine
    Any updates on whether Mac OS X is supported now for migration?
    Yep! OSX is now a full-fledged Zimbra OSS distribution, and we even support the Network Edition on OSX.

We're averaging well over 100 OSS OSX downloads per day.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Actually.. I'm migrating away from OSX and onto redhat boxes. Not too happy with the macosx upgrade cycles. They tend to break more than they fix. Zimbra looks like a super replacement for their limited mail system and ancient squirrelmail distro

Default imapsync -- still the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by k-gun12
    Actually.. I'm migrating away from OSX and onto redhat boxes. Not too happy with the macosx upgrade cycles. They tend to break more than they fix. Zimbra looks like a super replacement for their limited mail system and ancient squirrelmail distro
    imapsync should work perfectly well for an OSX -> Red Hat migration!

Default imapsync

Quote Originally Posted by k-gun12
    I'm thinking about moving my academic institute to Zimbra, from a stock MacOSX postfix/cyrus mail installation. What's the best way to get folks' mail from my existing imap server into their new zimbra accounts? zmlmtpinject?
    I've read that moving the spools themselves is out since the metadata is stored in mysql..
    Use imapsync. It'll preserve folder structure, message read state, and received dates. Search the forums and wiki for a how-to on imapsync migration.