Thread: how can I use imapsync with admin access and no users passwords

Default how can I use imapsync with admin access and no users passwords

Can any one advise. I wish to imapsync from a dovecot/sendmail server to zimbra but want to use a single admin account on the zimbra server for importing rather than each users username/password.

here is my script for using each users username and password.

imapsync --authmech1 LOGIN --host1 imap.server.com --user1 support --passfile1 /tmp/secret1 --host2 zimbra.server.com --user2 support --passfile2 /tmp/secret2 --noauthmd5 --useheader 'Message-Id' --useheader 'Message-ID' --useheader 'Received' --nofoldersizes --skipsize --fast --buffersize 8192000 --nosyncacls --subscribe --syncinternaldates

What do I change to replace the users names and passwords with the admin info? thanks

hi there... i use this method:

Once you have the master admin set up on dovecot, then imapsyncing user emails without knowing their password is a breeze... been using this method for the 150 or so users we're migrating off an old imap server to zimbra

imapsync --buffersize 8192000 --nosyncacls --subscribe --syncinternaldates --host1 imap.example.com.au --user1 "username*master" --password1 "dovecot master pwd" --host2 zimbra.example.com.au --user2 username --authuser2 admin --password2 "zimbra admin pass" --authmech1 plain --authmech2 plain --ssl2 --nofoldersizes --skipsize

"username*master" is, imap username of user you are migrating, and master, is the dovcot master userame (default master), and --user2 username, is the destination username for the import.

HTH

Thank you . That helps a great deal. That was 1/2 the problem.
    Now does anyone know if you can do this with Scalix as the source server? When we try we are only able to export/import the Scalix admin email and not the users????