We are running a 3 server multiserver setup like this:
1: MTA/PROXY, in DMZ
2: LDAP, on LAN
3: MAILSTORE, on LAN.
It hosts some domains for our customers (we are in small hosting business)
I plan to upgrade to 7.0, but want to migrate in a special way (because we want to upgrade to v7 for some domains, and not others):
1) update LDAP server to 7, and keep running MTA/PROXY and MAILSTORE in v6,
2) Setup a new MTA/PROXY server, and a new MAILBOX server in v7, with others servers still in v6,
3) Move mailboxes on old mailstore to the new one in v7,
4) upgrade original MTA/PROXY from v6 to v7
5) shutdown and desinstall old MAILSTORE
Is it possible to mix servers in v6 with LDAP in v7? (possible and supported)
Is it possible to move mailboxes beetween v6 and v7 mailboxd servers?
Thank you for any hints or experience feedback