I have tried to migrate to a new server three times now and each time takes me 8 to 10 hours. All three attempts have failed. The first attempt I just built the new server, took a full and incremental backup of the old server, moved backups to new server, and then used the web GUI to restore the data from the old server, it crashed after about 4.5 hrs. The second attempt I built the the new server again, took a full and incremental backup of the old server, moved backups to new server, and used the command line commands from this article Moving ZCS to New Server - Zimbra :: Wiki this one failed after 2 mins on the second command. The third attempt I have tried was using this article Network Edition: Moving from 32-bit to 64-bit Server - Zimbra :: Wiki . I changed the IP of the old server and started building the new server. I went through every step twice to make sure i typed every thing in properly and also made sure I had every thing transferred. It took over 12 hours to compete. When I finished all the commands and restart the server, the MTA and the mailbox would not start. i trouble shot for about another 2 hours and then had to just take the new server down and go back to the old server. I am wondering if any one has done this migration or if any one knows of another how-to guide I could try to get this working. Thank you in advance for any and all your help.

Adam Thrasher
Dixon Public Schools
Dixon, IL 61021