I tried a few things. The following is what worked and it seems to have abandoned the "Que Backlog" issue that was occuring with SPAM/AV enabled on FC3 and my first install of Zimbra on FC5:
Originally Posted by ringnebula
ON OLD MACHINE:
1. On old machine: tar -cvzp /opt/zimbra > zimbra.tar
ON NEW MACHINE:
1. Fresh install of FC5
2. mkdir /tmp/oldzimbra
3. chkconfig --del iptables and sendmail
4. From samotrak's post ran:
yum -y update
cd /lib5. scp root@[old machine ip]:/opt/zimbra/zimbra.tar .
ln -s libssl.so.0.9.7a libssl.so.5
ln -s libcrypto.so.0.9.7a libcrypto.so.5
6. Installed Zimbra zcs-3.1.4_GA_518.FC3.tgz which was my FC3 version of Zimbra. This errored out at the very end which was not surprising. This portion was not an "Upgrade".
7. cd /opt
8. rm -rf zimbra/
9. cd /tmp/oldzimbra
10. tar -xvzf zimbra.tar
11. cd /tmp/oldzimbra/opt
12. mv zimbra /opt
13. cd /opt/zimbra
14. rm -rf * ON SPAM and Anti-virus SUB FOLDERS, I left the root folders alone, no reason in particular.
15. ran ./install on zcs-4.0.2_GA_362.FC5.tgz (choosing "Upgrade")
16. A lot of SQL scripting ran here upgrading my DB/Mailboxes.
17. Upgrade completed successfully
18. From wiki
1. As root, type:
rm -rf /opt/zimbra/ssl
chown zimbra:zimbra /opt/zimbra/ssl
2.Type su - zimbra then type the following all on one line
keytool -delete -alias my_ca -keystore /opt/zimbra/java/jre/lib/security/cacerts -storepass changeit
Next type the following all on one line
keytool -delete -alias tomcat -keystore /opt/zimbra/tomcat/conf/keystore -storepass zimbra
3. Type zmcreateca , press Enter
4. Type zmcreatecert , press Enter
5. Type zmcertinstall mailbox , press Enter
6. Type tomcat stop , press Enter
7. Type tomcat start press Enter
19. ./install.sh on zcs-4.0.3_GA_406.FC5.tgz, choosing "Upgrade"
End result is my install is working great and having the SPAM/AV modules on is NOT causing my Mail QUE to backlog. This symptom still remains somewhat of a mystery and the only thing that cured it was to NOT bring over my old DSPAM or AV data from the previous version.
I did notice that there was a lot of data in the DSPAM folder so perhaps that is why those modules caused a mail backlog in both FC3 and FC5 Zimbra installs. I will extract that directory again (not to my /opt/zimbra....only to /tmp :) ) and post the size of that 'dir'.
Hope this helps someone else in the future!
Thanks to everyone who provided previous clues as to how to accomplish this.