Guide to Migrate from Sendmail/Pop3/IMAP to Ubuntu Zimbra
I've just followed the Ubuntu installation guide and then proceeded to migrate my mail from Redhat Sendmail/Pop3/IMAP to Ubuntu 6.06 Server.
There is info in these forums how to do it but scattered about.
Here's a quick migration guide:
You'll need to have IMAP running on your old server. In my case it was present but disabled.
On zimbra server, as root
1) apt-get install build-essential
2) apt-get install make
3) apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl
4) Get Mail-IMAPClient-2.2.9 from http://search.cpan.org/~djkernen/Mail-IMAPClient-2.2.9/
5) Gunzip & untar, and follow instructions in Mail-IMAP/INSTALL to install
6) Download TermReadKey-2.30 from http://search.cpan.org/~jstowe/TermReadKey-2.30/
7) Gunzip & untar TermReadKey and do same as Mail-IMAP to install (perl Makefile.PL, make, make test, make install)
8) Get imapsync from http://www.linux-france.org/prj/imapsync/dist/
9) Gunzip & untar imapsync
10) in imapsync dir, use the following command:
./imapsync --nosyncacls --syncinternaldates --host1 old_mail_server --user1 old_server_username --password1 oldserverpwd --host2 new_zimbra_server --user2 new_zimbra_username --password2 new_zimbra_pwd --authmech1 LOGIN --authmech2 LOGIN
You can add --folder INBOX to only sync the inbox folder. And there are other options too, ./imapsync to display the help
Yes you need to run imapsync for each user, but this can be scripted.
Merging the variously named Trash, Sent, Junk folders
Can someone help me with an imapsync incantation (or any other tool) that can merge various IMAP and webmail clients' sent-mail, Sent Items, Sent, Sent Messages, etc. into Zimbra's single Sent folder?
MIgrate from sendmail ( Slackware 10 ) to ZImbra (RHEL 5)
I planning to migrate sendmail (slackware 10 ) to Zimbra ( RHEL5 ).
Is the steps same as wat u did? :)