Thread: Postfix: need fully-qualified address error

Hybrid View

Default Postfix: need fully-qualified address error

Hi,

Sometimes, where using Outlook to reply/forward messages the message is completely lost, not sent to the recipients and I can see this kind of error on postfix logs:

maillog:Nov 7 17:01:34 linux1 postfix/smtpd[22758]: F0050378610: reject: RCPT from smtp.mydomain.com[x.y.z.w]: 504 <'Alexandra '>: Recipient address rejected: need fully-qualified address; from=<my.name@mydomain.com> to=<'Alexandra '> proto=ESMTP helo=<zimbra.mydomain.com>

The account was exported to .psf and then imported using Zimbra Import tool.

The message being replied/forwarded doesn't stay on Drafts, Sent or any folder I could find, its totally gone (and this is tha worst part).

Checking the server policies, I don't have any of the checkboxes for "Protocol checks" or "DNS checks" (under Global Settings) active.

I have some reports from some users that if they remove all the recipients Outlook automatically fills in and then entering them all again by hand solves the problem, but I don't consider this a solution.

Whats wrong here? Outlook? the Connector?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers.

where is outlook getting the non-fully-qualified addresses? maybe replying to messages originally received from another account on exchange? does the sender not get a ndr/bounce message? can you describe the function and identity of the different machines (linux1, smtp, zimbra)? what version of zcs and zco?

Quote Originally Posted by bobby
    where is outlook getting the non-fully-qualified addresses? maybe replying to messages originally received from another account on exchange?
    Maybe, any way I could confirm this?

does the sender not get a ndr/bounce message?
    No, this is the main problem, the message is totally lost.

can you describe the function and identity of the different machines (linux1, smtp, zimbra)?
    Yes. They're all the same machine, several DNS forward records poiting to the same IP although linux1 is for the internal IP (192.168.0.3) and smtp/zimbra.mydomain.com are for the external IP.[/QUOTE]

what version of zcs and zco?
    We're still on the trial period, using a trial license for ZCS version (as reported by zmcontrol):
    Release 4.0.2_GA_362.RHEL4_20060922120643 CentOS4 NETWORK edition

ZCO version was the one downloaded from the admin login, can't get acess to any of the windows boxes right now to get the exact version but I'm most sure its the one deployed with that vesion of ZCS.

Thanks for all the help.