Thread: ZCS Exchange Migration Wizard problems

Exclamation ZCS Exchange Migration Wizard problems

Hi all!

I'm trying to migrate an Exchange 2003 mailboxes to a ZCS. The tool runs correctly, finding Zimbra server and Exchange server.

I select the users, the accounts exists in the two boxes... but this happens:

http://i39.tinypic.com/14kv5no.png

And the window freezes, I can cancel the process but it's doing nothing! And it doesn't report any error or warning!!

Sorry for my bad English

Default same problem

I have exactly the same problem,

please, help us
    Last edited by g2d; 04-20-2012 at 07:40 AM.

I just tried the Exchange Migration Wizard on my Exchange 2003 server and it worked like a champ.

However, before it would work on my WinXP virtual box, I needed to manually edit the C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts file so it could have a DNS entry to my Zimbra mail server.

If you are trying to log the results, make sure it can write to the log file.

Here are the details for my site in case anyone is interested:

Zimbra Info:
    Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS, 64-bit
    Zimbra OSE 7.20
    ZCS Exchange Migration Wizard 7.2.0.517

Client PC Info (that runs the wizard):
    Windows XP w/SP3 (running inside VirtualBox 4.1.14)
    Outlook 2007 (used MAPI profile)

3 Mailboxes migrated.

Mailbox #1, 6,131 items, 0 errors, 22 warnings
    Mailbox #2, 1,118 items, 0 errors, 0 warnings
    Mailbox #3, 3,213 items, 0 errors, 14 warnings

Warnings were about missing files and references to accounts/people no longer here.

Spot-checked email, sub-folders, sent items, calendar entries, tasks, contacts and contacts in sub-folders. All seemed to be A-OK.
    Type su - zimbra -c "zmcontrol -v" to get your version and copy that into your profile (more info here)

Good day LH,

I'm planning to migrate our Win SBS 2011 Std , comprising of exchange 2010 standard to ZCS FOSS as a second domain. If you had jotted down the migration you did, could you kindly share that guide.

Reg
    Venu

Quote Originally Posted by dream_liner2k2 View Post
    If you had jotted down the migration you did, could you kindly share that guide.
    I did not write anything down other than the post above. The migration documentation that comes with Zimbra is fairly straight forward. The only differences from their documents were noted above.

I still have not "pulled-the-trigger" on this migration though. By the time I was ready, we were too far into another major transition from one EMR/billing system to an entirely new one. This migration was put on hold until we switch over to the new infrastructure and settle down...which means Sept or Nov before I can make this a production system. I'd venture to guess that a newer version that runs on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS will be out by then so I will be re-building my guide that you already know about.

I am already getting familiar with Ubuntu 12.04 and have a few guides in the works: Base Server, MediaWiki, MySQL, Nagios

EDIT: Oh, another thing you might be interested in is that you can do the migration and let it run overnight and if you run it a 2nd time, it will only pull over records that have changed since the last migration. Can be handy if you do it the night before and let it run, then when you come in the next day to do the actual migration, the 2nd run will be very fast and will probably finish before you can go around and touch all your PCs that need to be updated. One thing to be careful with though is that it only pulls new records...which means if your users delete messages in Exchange after the 1st migration, those messages will seem to "reappear" when they access the new server. So don't think you can pre-load today and then again a month from now. hehehe. At my site, we have to flip-the-switch for the cut-over. We cannot migrate people over gradually due to how our in-bound and out-bound mail is delivered through a 3rd party which will be bypassed once this goes live.

LHammonds
    Last edited by LHammonds; 06-29-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    Type su - zimbra -c "zmcontrol -v" to get your version and copy that into your profile (more info here)

Quote Originally Posted by LHammonds View Post

I am already getting familiar with Ubuntu 12.04 and have a few guides in the works: Base Server, MediaWiki, MySQL, Nagios

EDIT: So don't think you can pre-load today and then again a month from now. hehehe.
    LHammonds
    Bravo Roman n gracias!!