Thread: Migration Less than 30 Days Away - What Should I be Prepared for?

Hybrid View

Default Migration Less than 30 Days Away - What Should I be Prepared for?

After several delays and other circumstances we have finally come to within 30 days of our migration from Groupwise! We're very excited to finally get away from Groupwise and finish the migration to Zimbra. With that said, what caveats should we be aware of as that day approaches? There is always an unknown element, so what threw your migration off course or did everything go well?

One question off the bat is - How many users did you run through the GW migration tool at once? We have 1500 users and hope to have the conversion done over a weekend. So far I have setup 4 VMs that will run the migration wizard, but how many users can I do at once?

Cool Good luck!

I used to migrate over 2K accounts from iPlanet to Zimbra; this is what I've learned:
    1. Communication the migration date clearly - don't make exception whatsoever.
    2. Test, test test
    3. I saw that you have 4 VMs running; i would set another one up just in case 1 of them fails off the crack
    4. Plan extra time just in case it takes longer than you anticipated
    5. I cannot speak for GW migration tool but I use imapsync and it worked great. I broke it down into 4 separate lists and ran the migration scripts simultaneously
    Good luck!
    PL

Quote Originally Posted by staticz View Post
    After several delays and other circumstances we have finally come to within 30 days of our migration from Groupwise! We're very excited to finally get away from Groupwise and finish the migration to Zimbra. With that said, what caveats should we be aware of as that day approaches? There is always an unknown element, so what threw your migration off course or did everything go well?

One question off the bat is - How many users did you run through the GW migration tool at once? We have 1500 users and hope to have the conversion done over a weekend. So far I have setup 4 VMs that will run the migration wizard, but how many users can I do at once?