Thread: Surprise! Can not find hosting providers for my needs. Missed something?

Question Surprise! Can not find hosting providers for my needs. Missed something?

Hello!

I am looking for a way to switch from google apps to Zimbra. I found 2 classes of options:
    • VPS-based. Ordering VPS, installing and maintaining Zimbra software myself
    • SaaS. Everything is maintained by hosting company and I need to pay for mailboxes. Similiar model to google apps.

However, I want something in the middle. I do not want to deploy and maintain Zimbra on top of VPS myself and want the hosting company to be responsible for this. However, I want to have the full administartive access. E.g., I do not want to be limited by number of users and do not want to pay per user. I want to pay for the RAM, disk space, CPU etc. But not for the mailboxes and features activated. And I do want to be able to activate all the features of Zimbra which I need. Including LDAP.

The closest example of such service is wush.net - you pay for the hosting. Backup, updates, operation system layer (ssh upgrades, ftp upgrades etc) is on wush.net's shoulders. They even upgrade bugzilla per user request. But the user has full admin access, cpanel and ssh. The benefit for the user: no need to follow security vulerability reports about all the the public interfaces. no need to upgrade the system by him/herself etc. In brief: cutting the maint. costs.

Is anybody aware of the similiar service for Zimbra?

Thanks in advance, Vitaly

Hi Vitaly...

I'm not sure if this will help but I recently had a conversation with Earthlink Business and they claim to offer hosted Zimbra solutions where you will get access to the server and can manage or they can do it. I have a contact for the guy I spoke to. If your in the US they might be able to help. Let me know if you want his info.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post
    Is anybody aware of the similiar service for Zimbra?
    Hopefully you got something by now....
    - Tapas M. [GigaPros.com]
    Instant Zimbra Hosting | Works Out-of-the-box! [Learn More]
    Pre-installed Zimbra | Create Unlimited Mailboxes
    2000 GB RAID Protected Storage | Root Access to Server
    █ Serving 10,000 clients since last 5 years [Read Reviews]